GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

aFe Dry Air Filter 30% Off Prime Day Sale

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
If you sell the car you'll be able to sell the Access Port.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Uni doesn't even let you re-sell the cable when you're done with it, which is BS. At this point the only hesitation I have about EQT is that any tune uploaded via Cobb AP makes it impossible to read OBD fault codes by any other means, or so I've read. But if EQT does a sale any time soon, I may just go for it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah, that's what I meant. Uni doesn't even let you re-sell the cable when you're done with it, which is BS. At this point the only hesitation I have about EQT is that any tune uploaded via Cobb AP makes it impossible to read OBD fault codes by any other means, or so I've read. But if EQT does a sale any time soon, I may just go for it.

I have Cobb and EQT and I can still read OBD codes using my $15 dongle I've had for 20 years using the Torque app.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Can anyone with an EQT tune and a Ross-Tech (genuine) VCDS confirm this?

Straight from EQT website:

How do I perform wastegate adaptations with Cobb Accessport? I can't connect my OBD11/VCDS to my car anymore?

When Cobb developed the consolidated rom package for the VW Golf GTI/R and variants, they changed the ROM ID value which “broke” the VCDS/OBD11 rom readability. Fortunately enough, Cobb also added some new monitors, one of which is the “Turbine Actuator Voltage” monitor. This monitor allows you to set your wastegate voltage (~3.3-3.7VDC in most cases), and then utilize the “Wastegate Adaptation” setting in the troubleshooting section to set your adapted voltage. To use for setting is38 wastegate voltage, the car just needs to be in the ACC/ON position (not running). You can then manually set your voltage, and then in the troubleshooting menu, perform the wastegate adaptation.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Straight from EQT website:

How do I perform wastegate adaptations with Cobb Accessport? I can't connect my OBD11/VCDS to my car anymore?

When Cobb developed the consolidated rom package for the VW Golf GTI/R and variants, they changed the ROM ID value which “broke” the VCDS/OBD11 rom readability. Fortunately enough, Cobb also added some new monitors, one of which is the “Turbine Actuator Voltage” monitor. This monitor allows you to set your wastegate voltage (~3.3-3.7VDC in most cases), and then utilize the “Wastegate Adaptation” setting in the troubleshooting section to set your adapted voltage. To use for setting is38 wastegate voltage, the car just needs to be in the ACC/ON position (not running). You can then manually set your voltage, and then in the troubleshooting menu, perform the wastegate adaptation.

Does this mean my OBDEleven would become useless for adaptations?