GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AF Dynamic Intake ($170 ebay intake)

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I've searched the forums and haven't really found much on this intake. Seems to be a clone of the Injen which I would have bought except these days it sells for around $230. Im well aware this is just going to be a noise maker, but more fun noises is half the fun of driving! I just couldnt justify paying $250+ for a "good quality" intake just to make some fun noises. I placed an order for one and will update this thread with more info, although again I am pretty sure anything said about the Injen can be applied to this one. I was going to get the USP Teardrop intake as it pulls straight from the front, but it has a very tiny little filter element and I have been told its almost as quiet as stock.

Link to the intake: https://www.ebay.com/itm/252305641777?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=d36b9d349ed64619b4b0f80301549523&pid=100675&rk=1&rkt=15&sd=252305641777&itm=252305641777&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:cf6895e9-7741-11ec-ae5c-5aae224dd4ef|parentrq:65fbcbf517e0a7b0c5bc93fbfff73772|iid:1

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
all the intakes are ridiculously expensive!

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
At that price, it seems you midaswhale consider the APR one for a few bucks more. But I’m sure there’s no sound or functional difference.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I had it with no issues. They’ve slowly raised the price on it over time.
Yep I've noticed that as well, everything is going up.

all the intakes are ridiculously expensive!
Agreed, for what they are the prices are absurd.

At that price, it seems you midaswhale consider the APR one for a few bucks more. But I’m sure there’s no sound or functional difference.
I was actually going to pull the trigger on the APR intake but the fact that it doesn't even come with an intake pipe for that price swayed me away. That and the fact that it's an oiled filter. I've also been told the APR intake is actually quieter than the more open intakes like Injen/AF Dynamic.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
The APR filter is washable, not oiled

But no skin off my back either way. Just putting the info out there for others. Hope you enjoy it! 👍

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
The APR filter is washable, not oiled

But no skin off my back either way. Just putting the info out there for others. Hope you enjoy it! 👍
We've always used the cotton gauze design. I honestly don't really see a point to the dry systems.

Taken directly from their product thread on the new PEX intake. Its an oiled cotton gauze filter. Its washable just like a dry filter but it needs to be oiled before reinstallation.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Taken directly from their product thread on the new PEX intake. Its an oiled cotton gauze filter. Its washable just like a dry filter but it needs to be oiled before reinstallation.
Huh, I stand corrected. I always thought “washable and reusable” generally meant it wasn’t oiled too.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Yep I've noticed that as well, everything is going up.

Agreed, for what they are the prices are absurd.

I was actually going to pull the trigger on the APR intake but the fact that it doesn't even come with an intake pipe for that price swayed me away. That and the fact that it's an oiled filter. I've also been told the APR intake is actually quieter than the more open intakes like Injen/AF Dynamic.
Was perfect for me as I already had the MST 3” inlet and elbow. Makes for a good combo.

Last edited:

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Jesus do people really buy those things? I could have a motorcycle for that money.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
gotta love spending massive coin on an intake that doesn’t do jack.