GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice needed vibration after installing used wheels with brand new DWS06 plus tires

robertinohio

Passed Driver's Ed
I purchased a set of used Konig Oversteers and installed them with new Continental DWS 06 plus tires this week. I'm getting slight vibration from the rears (I dont feel anything in the steering wheel) Alignment was done same day by dealership and didnt fix the issue. Discount Tire has rebalanced them twice now and said the wheels are not bent. I didnt have any vibration before installing the new setup. 2017 Autobahn 42k miles. Discount Tire had me purchase new bolts (size below) and center rings. 73.1 to 57.1 I'm at a loss.... Cant stand driving the car now. Do I find a wheel specialty company in my area and pay them to check everything? Or do I have discount tire move the rear wheels to the front? Or put back on the factory wheels and get a different set that doesn't need a hub ring?

30-40 mph I feel a very slight wobble on smooth roads...
60-70 is when you feel vibration but nothing in the steering wheel

18x8 ET45 wheels
new bolts BIM 14x1.5 30mm
Continental DWS 06 PLUS 235x40 R18

robertinohio

Passed Driver's Ed
Had wheels inspected by a wheel repair shop and they confirmed wheels are perfect no bends. They rebalanced but still slight vibration over 70. I’m guessing it’s the center rings. I might try another set of hub rings or maybe metal but most say to stick with plastic. Will probably start looking around for another set of wheels that fit without the need for a hub ring. First time ever using after market wheels so learning curve.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Might not be the wheels at all. I had vibrations with brand new DWS06 for the first few weeks and it completely disappeared, same experience at those speeds. Have read that these Contis can have flat spots settle while in storage. May just work itself out.

Brap

I went thru this same thing when I had my snow tires/ wheels mounted. I purchased the wheels/ tires from Discount. They exchanged tires and wheels and I still struggled with vibration. Went to another tire retailer and had another balance completed. Same issue. Finally went to the dealer to see if something else was wrong. The dealer swapped hub centric rings and the problem was solved. I thought there was something specific with the Mk7; hub is deeper??

robertinohio

Passed Driver's Ed
I went thru this same thing when I had my snow tires/ wheels mounted. I purchased the wheels/ tires from Discount. They exchanged tires and wheels and I still struggled with vibration. Went to another tire retailer and had another balance completed. Same issue. Finally went to the dealer to see if something else was wrong. The dealer swapped hub centric rings and the problem was solved. I thought there was something specific with the Mk7; hub is deeper??
Interesting. I’ll ask the dealership.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
I've got a set of new DSW 06's waiting to be installed on Neuspeed RSE 10's... you're making me nervous. I hope to hear you solved the vibration issue.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've got a set of new DSW 06's waiting to be installed on Neuspeed RSE 10's... you're making me nervous. I hope to hear you solved the vibration issue.
You should be fine since Neuspeed wheels are hubcentric and don't need rings.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I had DWS06’s on another car and could never get them balanced. And they got flat spots easily when sitting for more than a day too. Swapped them for Michelin PSAS4

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
You should be fine since Neuspeed wheels are hubcentric and don't need rings.

Both sets of Neuspeed wheels I have came with hubcentric rings.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
So all Neuspeed wheels aren't hubcentric for VW evidently.
They are made with the 66 mm bore for some vw/Audi but include rings for cars with 57mm bore.

mayhem_j30

Passed Driver's Ed
Running dws06+ here for about 8 weeks. Car usually sits for days before it drive. No flat spotting, no vibrations. Not ruling it out but sounds like your got another issue especially if they are balancing correctly.