GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice For HDPE with 465whp mk7

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
Also why would you want to go big turbo + bbk and stay on stock wheels? makes no sense with that small rubber.

this car puts the power down great on the street. this started as my family daily driver and got to where it is but it works great as a sleeper and for wife to drive around in etc. stock wheel size with these tires is not an issue

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
If you're threshold braking, you'll want a catch can to prevent oil smoke clouds.

ooohhh.... that's a good one. I had the PCV replaced with whatever that larger/stronger one from bigger motor Audi is that people use (can't remember right now) which should help a little, but catch can has been on my list anyway for awhile if it will help my setup.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
ooohhh.... that's a good one. I had the PCV replaced with whatever that larger/stronger one from bigger motor Audi is that people use (can't remember right now) which should help a little, but catch can has been on my list anyway for awhile if it will help my setup.
Not just a good one, but a requirement! So much smoke that i was kicked off track. VWR cc fixed it.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I've never had issues switching between track and street pads on the same rotor. I put the track pads on before going to the event. By the time I'm there I'm sure any sort of transfer layer has been wiped off. I just treated my warm up lap as such and slowly worked the brakes harder and harder bringing it up to temp. After a lap or two all felt good and no issues all weekend. This was a different car but I had Raybestos ST43/47.

I had cobb TC on my focus ST and I did not like it for autocross or similar driving. You could really feel it pulling and adding power mid corner...it was just weird. If you try it out I recommend going into the settings and setting TC at the highest settings so it's targeting a higher slip percentage. IIRC the default setting is really designed for helping put power down in a straight line and I even read that on Cobb support page. Might be best to just turn it all off.

As far as conservative tune.... ask Ed, but your pump gas tune running ~E20-E30 fuel or race gas like you said sounds like a good option to me.

Good luck/have fun