GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Admin you going to do something about the phantom/troll poster- lovevashikanar ?

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
I'm just trying to understand why these people are even wasting their time spamming the forum. The only thing it's accomplishing is pissing people off. Is it supposed to make them money somehow? You'd have to have the IQ of a brick to fall for their scam.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
We have been bombarded lately with these spam accounts. Alot of times we can cross check ips and ban multiple members and and clean up all their posts at once. But occasionally the forum doesnt give me the option to do all that in one go and it becomes a huge hassle.

Solution - owner should make it harder to create accounts on here... been asking for years with no help so we do the best we can.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
We have been bombarded lately with these spam accounts. Alot of times we can cross check ips and ban multiple members and and clean up all their posts at once. But occasionally the forum doesnt give me the option to do all that in one go and it becomes a huge hassle.

Solution - owner should make it harder to create accounts on here... been asking for years with no help so we do the best we can.
Yep. I've been a mod here since 2013 and been asking for the same.

The part that sucks is that if they have more than 50 posts we can't mark as spam and mass delete them, it's one by one.

And to all, we have lives outside the forum and jobs. We don't get paid for this.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Still waiting for the “Post your credit card numbers with your GTI thread!”

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Yep. I've been a mod here since 2013 and been asking for the same.

The part that sucks is that if they have more than 50 posts we can't mark as spam and mass delete them, it's one by one.

And to all, we have lives outside the forum and jobs. We don't get paid for this.

I was wondering why two profiles (of the numerous spammer members I had reported) had been deleted but the posts remained...

I know I spend too much time on here.... If you ever need a hand..plus I'm in different time zone so can see things sooner than you!

cb1111

Some forums, like the 4Runner restrict new users to posting in one "intro" forum until you're reached a number of posts and restricts the number of posts in a day.

Isn't foolproof but does cut down on spam

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I also like ones that you have to be on a minimum before sale posts or picture. I've seen things :(

also here is a like for the mods here

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I was wondering why two profiles (of the numerous spammer members I had reported) had been deleted but the posts remained...

I know I spend too much time on here.... If you ever need a hand..plus I'm in different time zone so can see things sooner than you!

Same bro, same. I think the problem with adding more moderators would be that that requires an admin, who like we all know, have pretty much abandoned the forums.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Same bro, same. I think the problem with adding more moderators would be that that requires an admin, who like we all know, have pretty much abandoned the forums.
I think it requires a certain person as well. Anyone could be a mod but no everyone should be. Gets into heated argument of what oil is better... let me go ahead and block that user forever

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I think it requires a certain person as well. Anyone could be a mod but no everyone should be. Gets into heated argument of what oil is better... let me go ahead and block that user forever

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I've already been banned by our current moderator team for liking mayonnaise as a grilling agent 🤣

All in good fun though.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I've already been banned by our current moderator team for liking mayonnaise as a grilling agent 🤣

All in good fun though.
to be fair you deserved that.

are you marinating meat in mayonnaise? Is that like a depraved version of marinating chicken in yogurt?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R