GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Admin you going to do something about the phantom/troll poster- lovevashikanar ?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The admins aren't around and don't give a shit. We have mods, but they can't do anything to prevent it.

Aaron1875

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Oh well, looks as though the trolls got bored and f’d off lol 😂

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Forums have been heavily spammed in the past few days..I've reported several new members for being serial spammers..some within 20mins of them joining & posting...& most from India..

Just that today the mods/admin/those with the power to delete these accounts appear to be taking a nap..

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
I thought "i like GTI's" was code for butt stuff. Wait is everyone actually here for the cars?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Forums have been heavily spammed in the past few days..I've reported several new members for being serial spammers..some within 20mins of them joining & posting...& most from India..

Just that today the mods/admin/those with the power to delete these accounts appear to be taking a nap..
The mods are volunteers and work their own full time jobs. @jay745 said that he has personally deleted over 3000 spam threads in the last few weeks.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The mods are volunteers and work their own full time jobs. @jay745 said that he has personally deleted over 3000 spam threads in the last few weeks.

I'd have thought they would be able to just "deleted all content from this member"...instead of having to delete every single post...

I mean the profiles have been deleted but the posts are still there from the latest two spammers...

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I don’t know nothing about running a forum, but would it be possible to limit the amount of posts a new member can publish?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'd have thought they would be able to just "deleted all content from this member"...instead of having to delete every single post...

I mean the profiles have been deleted but the posts are still there from the latest two spammers...
Just passing along what jay745 has said. It's a new member every time using a VPN so they can't block the IP address.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I thought "i like GTI's" was code for butt stuff. Wait is everyone actually here for the cars?
1639565009238.png

I don’t know nothing about running a forum, but would it be possible to limit the amount of posts a new member can publish?
yes but only at Admin level. As mentioned the mods do this for nothing and really don't have access to many controls or even much access to admin (Mod on a Mustang forum).