GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adjust steering sensitivity with VCDS?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
It is possible through coding, just took a class on new VAG electrical. That being said our instructors also said its a pretty sure fire way to completely screw up the car in really bad ways. They weren't anti-coding change or anything either, we talked a lot about changing the coding for certain things to the European version (VAQ, EDL, ECS, so on so forth). But they had experience with it really messing up other related systems.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
pbrowne/Nimche: there are a couple of ways of doing this - that I'm aware of. Both procedures pertain to the Steering Assist control module @ address hex44

1. If you use the security code 28183, you can alter the setting for the adaptation channel IDE03734-Support power to a lower value (default is 100%). Problem with this method is that the changed setting only applies for the current ignition-on sequence. When you turn-off the ignition, the setting will revert back to 100%

2. The setting for the adaptation channel IDE04130-Characteristic curve of steering assistance can also change the "feel" of the steering wheel. The default setting is "Driving profile selection button", but you might try other values like "Auto", "Comfort", "Dynamic" which may suit you better

Don

Going to try this! "DYNAMIC"

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Hard to say how much difference there was but I "want" to say it's a little bit heavier.

Just did it on my wife's TSI, drove around the block (it's a very twisty street that snakes around and completes a circle) without the coding, then added it and drove around and there was a definite difference.

Fungshui

I am able to set the Characteristic curve of steering assistance to dynamic and the support power to 60%. However, the support power always resets to 100% after powering off the car. The car is able maintain the dynamic steering assistance settings. Any ideas of why it is constantly resetting?

edrex

Ready to race!
When you turn-off the ignition, the setting will revert back to 100%
Just how it goes, if Don doesn't know a way to change it then it can't be changed.

Scala

Ready to race!
All the above adjustments don't change the underlying hardware and geometry, a silk purse can't be made out of a sow's ear.

For serious work you look into different Caster settings, stiffer bushings and tire pressures. Some tires, not the OEM tires, do a much better job than others.
At the end of the day don't expect Formula Ford steering from a FWD Ferkel.

2stroke

Car(s)
VAG cars.

Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the steering resistance on the Golf-6 ( 2012 ) ?

I would like heavier steering at low speeds as well as progressive resistance at higher speeds that is speed sensitive.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the steering resistance on the Golf-6 ( 2012 ) ?

I would like heavier steering at low speeds as well as progressive resistance at higher speeds that is speed sensitive.

You can achieve this by adding some caster with suspension upgrades.