GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Additive for turbocharger?

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Turbo Swap was 95% a success, no check engine lights, car is alive again BUT I see a little bit of smoke coming from under the turbo?
Tomorrow is impossible for me to check anything, I'll have to do it on Thursday.... I don't know if to tight the lines more but I don't want to strip a bolt...
Everywhere they say 9NM for bolts going into the turbo, it looks like very little for the oil pressure. The oil line on top of the turbo has a little bit of seepage, I tighten the nut but to no avail...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Turbo Swap was 95% a success, no check engine lights, car is alive again BUT I see a little bit of smoke coming from under the turbo?
Tomorrow is impossible for me to check anything, I'll have to do it on Thursday.... I don't know if to tight the lines more but I don't want to strip a bolt...
Everywhere they say 9NM for bolts going into the turbo, it looks like very little for the oil pressure. The oil line on top of the turbo has a little bit of seepage, I tighten the nut but to no avail...
The oil line is most likely the cause of the smoke.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
The oil line is most likely the cause of the smoke.
Yeah that’s what I think, I’ll remove it and reinstall, hopefully that will solve it…

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Possible it could just be leftover oil/coolant burning off the block from pulling off the lines. I did crush an O-ring for the coolant line coming out of the rear of the block back when I installed my Is20 which lead to a nasty leak, so take the time to expect each line while you're under there.

Will say having done two swaps, never did prefill oil or use any additives. Just primed the starter several times before firing it up and have done ~30,000 problem free miles since.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
There’s no gasket for the top oil feed right? I’m still working on that line…
I’m starting to think on “fabricating” one….