GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Additive for turbocharger?

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Hi guys,

Attempting to change my wife's Is12 turbo this weekend. Do you use something like this additive after the turbo install?
I heard some people pull the fuel pump fuse so the turbo get's lubricated to avoid running the turbo dry.
What's your take in this?

If I succeed then my is38 is next, but let me see how it goes first with the is12 he he he

1645633873825.png

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
The only additive liquid I used was the oil in my engine so that it's not dry on the first start up.
That's what I was thinking, to add engine oil and call it a day. To run it dry too risky and to pull the fuse too elaborated XD

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I used the Liqui Moly additive when I changed turbos but just pre lubing with engine oil is fine also.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Here

Attachments

• 790587F8-BB45-4CF0-BD06-5A5E638C597D.jpeg
    790587F8-BB45-4CF0-BD06-5A5E638C597D.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 121

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
5684AA55-DECC-4268-BC07-9F19E74BC2F9.jpeg
My Wife’s turbo (1.8 golf tsi) gave up. I bought one from Facebook market place 100$ with 30k miles. BUT I just broke a plastic pin that attaches to a hose 💩 anybody would know that part number? I’m resting now after 4 hours taking the old sucker out, hopefully the reinstall will be better…..

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Wait, found it. It’s a HVAC heater hose connector part # 06k121143
6 bucks

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
5CFA1CCB-D043-401C-9704-69A56F4C1FBB.jpeg
Got the part!
Of all the dealers around me, the only one with the piece in stock was triple the price, of course…..
Anyway, better than having to wait 3 days for the friking part….

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Yes, that’s the guilty one. For me I’ll stick to plastic, I don’t think its going to fail unless broken
You should've gone with the billet one from EMD. Thoses plastic adapters are known to leak. I replaced mine with the billet one because it had a slow leak due to it being cheap plastic.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
You should've gone with the billet one from EMD. Thoses plastic adapters are known to leak. I replaced mine with the billet one because it had a slow leak due to it being cheap plastic.
For my car maybe, for my wife's hyper stock tsi I think it will be fine (it was for a 100k miles) but I'll keep an eye on it and I'll report back if it fails.