GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adding Red LED strip ambient lighting - Door panel

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Hey everyone,

Just like the title says, im looking to swap my current drivers/passengers aluminum door trim piece for the one with the ambient red LED stripe as found in the GTI and (i believe) SEL TSI models. I have found them on Kuftec for rediculos $$ and I have found them on Ali but not from a company that will ship to the US.

Anyone happen to have a lock on them or have a direction they could point me in?

Link for reference: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GENU...mosphere-strip-Led-light-for/32658330507.html

Thanks!

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Are these just plug and play? The Aliexpress link you shared ships to Canada :D. I'd love to add these to my car.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Are these just plug and play? The Aliexpress link you shared ships to Canada :D. I'd love to add these to my car.

Need to add wiring to the door controller and then code them active on the door controller coding and add "ambient door lighting" to the lighting menu via the central elec module.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Need to add wiring to the door controller and then code them active on the door controller coding and add "ambient door lighting" to the lighting menu via the central elec module.

considering buying them and shipping them to you, then paying you shipping costs to get them here... :D

Moez

Passed Driver's Ed
will these work on a GTI Clubsport? since the Clubsport also doesn't come with it, don't understand why!!!

also what about rear doors? is there a solution to add LED strips to them same as front?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
will these work on a GTI Clubsport? since the Clubsport also doesn't come with it, don't understand why!!!

also what about rear doors? is there a solution to add LED strips to them same as front?

I don't think any Golf has them from the factory. I think it would be way too complicated to make them come on when you open a rear door.

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
No golf has them (rear Ambient lighting) as the Golf only has a door control module in the front door with the rear doors "piggy-backed" of them. You can fit the rear puddle lights as these can be hacked into the lock micro switch wiring so only come on when the door is opened (which you want). However to wire the lighting (& dimmable) on you would have to wire from the rear door into the front door control module & piggy back of the ambient lighting for the front door....

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Any pointers to any How To Docs for this Retrofit ?

I am looking to do the Door Warning lights and El-Wire version of ambient lighting on all the 4 doors.

If anyone have done this before, please share the connections and Coding Details.

For Door Warming lights, its very straight forward. Pin16/T32 Connector on front door controller and Micro Switch option for rear door.

For Ambient Light, I planning to connect to Pin 3 on 32 pin connector for the front door/controller. For Rear doors, I may use the terminal 58D used for switch illumination.

Thanks,
Ravi.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Any pointers to any How To Docs for this Retrofit ?

I am looking to do the Door Warning lights and El-Wire version of ambient lighting on all the 4 doors.

If anyone have done this before, please share the connections and Coding Details.

For Door Warming lights, its very straight forward. Pin16/T32 Connector on front door controller and Micro Switch option for rear door.

For Ambient Light, I planning to connect to Pin 3 on 32 pin connector for the front door/controller. For Rear doors, I may use the terminal 58D used for switch illumination.

Thanks,
Ravi.

The rear doors and the micro switch. Is there a particular wire or set we need to tap into? I haven't taken off my front or rear doors yet, so not very familiar with the wiring. Looking to also wire up rear door puddle lights.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
The rear doors and the micro switch. Is there a particular wire or set we need to tap into? I haven't taken off my front or rear doors yet, so not very familiar with the wiring. Looking to also wire up rear door puddle lights.

I think golfdave did something on the rear door warning lights. Someone did on here :D

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Completed build pics of EL Wire option -

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
For the parts :

EL-Wire 4 X 1 meter ribbons (Red/Orange) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/19198930542...49&var=491585535166&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

12V EL-Wire Controller - http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Car-cha...V-Car-cigarette-Lighter-output-/192011899638?

Wiring :

For Front Doors -

El Wire inverter Positive --> Splice in to Pin 4 (Gray Wire) of 32 Pin Connector for Door Module, this is the Terminal58D (interior switch illumination)

El Wire inverter Negative terminal --> Splice in to Pin 5 of 32 Pin Connector for Door Module, this is the body ground.

For Rear Doors

El Wire inverter Positive --> Splice in to Pin 4 (White Wire) of 4 Pin Connector for Window Switch, this is the Terminal58D (interior switch illumination)

El Wire inverter Negative terminal --> Splice in to Pin 3 of 10 Pin Connector for Power window motor or Body Ground.