GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Add WaveTrac LSD or No

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Wow, the OP spent 2 grand on an LSD and doesn't auto-x or track the car and also thinks this is the best solution to improving his street 0-60 time...

Anyone reading this thread looking for advice, don't do what the OP did.

I tried.

He would have been better off sending me the money, he'd at least get a thank you card and invited to Thanksgiving next year. 🤷‍♂️

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
You wont notice the difference on the street, just like 3 pages of posts here told you. But your confirmation bias will be so strong after wasting 2 grand that you will delude yourself into thinking it has turned your car into a Miata and you now look like Dom in FnF drifting corners like a boss
Thank you for your concern and funny comment. I'm just trying to learn from what people have experienced and share my own experience with the car. I appreciate any feedback that is given. I've talked to so many people about getting the LSD put in both at the shop and on the forums. It's defiantly a 50/50 of people saying it is a no brainer get it and the it wont do anything for the car.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thank you for your concern and funny comment. I'm just trying to learn from what people have experienced and share my own experience with the car. I appreciate any feedback that is given. I've talked to so many people about getting the LSD put in both at the shop and on the forums. It's defiantly a 50/50 of people saying it is a no brainer get it and the it wont do anything for the car.

You can do whatever you want, but you are NOT trying to learn. You're doing the exact opposite of what people with years of experience with these cars on the street, track and modding them.

I don't see where you're getting it's a 50/50 split of people that have experience with LSD and non-LSD GTI's.

Again, so whatever you want with your money and car, but don't claim you learned anything from this thread after completely ignoring all posts with relevant knowledge and experience and thinking they're the same thing as random people that haven't driven a mk7 in anger with and without a LSD, say it's a no brainer.

You will have exactly the same amount of wheel spin off the line with your LSD added, unless you're at a drag strip with proper tires. On the street, you will see zero difference. I'm telling you that because I own both a PP and non-PP car and know for certain.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
I've talked to so many people about getting the LSD put in both at the shop and on the forums. It's defiantly a 50/50 of people saying it is a no brainer get it and the it wont do anything for the car.

The ppl telling you it's a good idea probably assume you track your car or they work at the shop and want your money

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Jeez everyone's so angry lol.

TLDR:
1. Get the LSD
2. Upgrade your tires
3. Take your car to a road course where the LSD will shine, drag racing isn't fun.
4. A real LSD is world's better than the PP e-lsd

It doesn't sound like tracking is on his radar, otherwise, I'd be 100% in favor.

Hell, I'm eventually going to do a real LSD in my PP/VAQ equipped car. I'm not against doing a LSD.

I just 100% know it isn't going to do what he wants it to do, though, but his car , his money. As long as it makes him happy.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
!

Attachments

• 1A239872-DFDE-41CB-A500-75AA18ABFBFA.JPG
    1A239872-DFDE-41CB-A500-75AA18ABFBFA.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 34

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I’m putting an LSD in my mk4 when I scrape enough together for a 3.6 swap, and when I get sick of dealing with my transmission on the mk7 and replace it.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
That’s a Comet. Spent my childhood playing spaceship in my dad’s that he never got around to building. Thanks for the new neural pathways!