GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

add power folding mirrors to 2019 Golf R

FlintTownBrown

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thats the correct #(y)the other # VAG 5G1857508FH9B9 from e-acca, suggest ordering extra door card clips VAG 7L6868243. You need a different switch to manually fold them #VAG 5G0959565AGICX then code them with OBDEleven or VCDS I used this DIY was pretty easy to install.
thank you for the part numbers...very helpful...especially the clips! i'm buying 10 just in case. at $0.50 ea why not?

FlintTownBrown

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks, everyone, for all the help. This forum is great!

I decided to buy from e-acca. prices seemed the best. ebay seller oe245, confirmed in this thread to sell OE parts was 10-20% higher than e-acca, and higher shipping costs too.

I got the L/R housings, the switch, 20 door card clips (just in case), and also added the aspherical mirrors.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Thanks, everyone, for all the help. This forum is great!

I decided to buy from e-acca. prices seemed the best. ebay seller oe245, confirmed in this thread to sell OE parts was 10-20% higher than e-acca, and higher shipping costs too.

I got the L/R housings, the switch, 20 door card clips (just in case), and also added the aspherical mirrors.
I think each door has 4-5 clips. So you'll have some spares. Might come in handy if you put down some sound deadening under the door cards.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
No it doesn't impact them and I didn't have to change the coding , they dip and return like the old ones.
I still have to manually adjust after every 10 dips or so due to there is no memory but no big deal.

Cheers (y)

If you have power folding mirrors it should return perfectly every single time. You should only need to adjust in non-power folding mirrors cars.

Check your coding in driver/passenger and make sure memory_mirror is set to active in both doors, otherwise the car won't know that it has mirror memory.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
If you have power folding mirrors it should return perfectly every single time. You should only need to adjust in non-power folding mirrors cars.

Check your coding in driver/passenger and make sure memory_mirror is set to active in both doors, otherwise the car won't know that it has mirror memory.
I did notice in e-acca catalog folding and non had memory for the dip. I'll re-check my pr# s Cool 🙂 (y) thanks

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

And you are right sir. Thanks
Returns perfect every time 🙂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Folding mirrors is on my want list, but focusing on performance first.