GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Add functionality to infotainment to control interior\ambient light dimming?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
By the way, UK spec cars don't have this little wheel you have to dim the lighting. It's all via the infotainment for us.

Yeah, that's what Cuzoe mentioned to me that kicked off this whole possible solution idea. I'm not confident adding an 'Instrument Lightning' slider will solve my issue, as all 3 that I've tried, Footwell, Front Ambient, & Door Ambient, all just change the color of the needles on the digital dash when I slide them.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wrhsfEYhvwwdchR38

But, I figure it's worth a shot. I think my better chance at a solution is finding how to reduce the max brightness, as it has to be in there somewhere.

IWMTom

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, that's what Cuzoe mentioned to me that kicked off this whole possible solution idea. I'm not confident adding an 'Instrument Lightning' slider will solve my issue, as all 3 that I've tried, Footwell, Front Ambient, & Door Ambient, all just change the color of the needles on the digital dash when I slide them.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wrhsfEYhvwwdchR38

But, I figure it's worth a shot. I think my better chance at a solution is finding how to reduce the max brightness, as it has to be in there somewhere.
Like I said, ambient lighting isn't the correct option for dimming infotainment/instruments/illuminated controls.

As for max brightness, you need to take a look into dimming curves. I've seen threads on the RossTech forum around the dimming curve adaptations.

HawkeAssault

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE 2 Door
So, I don't think this is going to actually accomplish what I want. I found how to add either the 'ambient lightning menu'...

View attachment 200796
I know this is a little off topic, but does any one know how to activate the Ambient Lighting screen?
I retrofitted the OEM AID, and I get the "Ambient Lighting" Screen but it's just blank with the return button.
How can I get it to change the color theme of the AID like cars that have the AID OEM?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
What adaptations channels were changed to add Interior Lighting sliders to the default 'Lighting' menu? I was able to add ambient lighting menu, but it is blank. After changing head unit could never get this. Compared 5F adaptations maps of both units, but cannot see what changed between units. Fortunately, I had ambient lighting changed to where I like, but would like the ability to change back.
George, were you able to succeed in fixing this? i've given a go to Acadia's directions, but i am not yet getting the results needed. If anyone can share a module 9 backup history, i would be most appreciated to compare my settings against.