GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adaptive Crusie control Retrofit 16

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I'm gather information right now. I can see that there's quite a few parts to be added and swapped before coding would allow this work. Then the dealer needs to calibrate the system.

Please list part numbers or correct part numbers I have yet to include. I want this real bad.

Obviously VWs parts department is out to make a killing on these. Stealership prices listed then cheapest advertised prices. Junkyard would be my route. Aliexpress had some listed but they started to pull them, dunno what that's about

-ABS HYDRAULIC ASSEMBLY. ABS PUMP
3Q0614517ABBEF*(3Q0614517LBEF; 3Q0614517RBEF)
w/adaptive cruise w/o distance sensor
$1920 ($1516)

-ABS CONTROL MODULE. CONTROL MODULE.*
3Q0907379ABREP*(3Q0907379LREP; 3Q0907379RREP)
for adaptive cruise control
$618 ($536)

-Cruise Control Distance Sensor Bracket. Distance sensor holder.
5Q0907461A
$29 ($10)

-CONTROL UNIT. CRUISE CONTROL DISTANCE SENSOR. CRUISE CONTROL MODULE. DISTANCE SENSOR
5Q0907561F*(5Q0907561D)
for adaptive cruise
$733 ($255)

-Programmed Lane Keeping Assist Camera
5Q0980653F or 5Q0980653E or 5Q0980653G
$955 ($120)

-COMBINATION SWITCH
5Q0953513AJIGI
$211 ($34)

Theres some useful info from Rosstech on programming but I'm not there yet.

Or if anyone has a direct list of parts numbers from 2016 S against SE with DAP. I'd happily read it myself

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
Lane keeping assist camera is not part of adaptive cruise.

You'd also need the different bumper trim with the hole in it for the distance sensor piece (not sure if it's part of the bumper or separate).

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Lane keeping assist camera is not part of adaptive cruise.

You'd also need the different bumper trim with the hole in it for the distance sensor piece (not sure if it's part of the bumper or separate).
Technically you only need for the sensor to be bumper height. I already have stupid license plate holes drilled into mine I would likely just cut and vinyl wrap over it.

I plan on bothering my local parts VW a bit about this. They're hidden downtown and nobody ever goes there so usually it's dead. No signage, no parking, just a building with a door. Not even attached to the dealership across the street

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Technically you only need for the sensor to be bumper height. I already have stupid license plate holes drilled into mine I would likely just cut and vinyl wrap over it.

The radar unit has to mounted the exact way VW mount it...so either in the centre of the lower grill as MK7 ...or behind the VW badge as per MK7.5....

& lane assist is not required for ACC....I know I have ACC with out lane assist...

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The radar unit has to mounted the exact way VW mount it...so either in the centre of the lower grill as MK7 ...or behind the VW badge as per MK7.5....

& lane assist is not required for ACC....I know I have ACC with out lane assist...

MK7.5 uses a different front radar emitter/receiver. I'd stick with the one for a 2016. But why pay $2,500 just to have ACC?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Because it's that frickin awesome.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Late bump. If you have front assist do you already have the abs module that is needed for acc or is that different?