GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adaptive Cruise Control fault after manipulating fuse box

lemisanthrope

I installed a piggyback fusetap for my radar detector (because it's hard not to speed in this thing). I plugged into F47 (rear windshield wiper).
After doing this and running the hardwire up the A pillar and attaching the radar detector to the underside of the rearview mirror, suddenly the ACC doesn't work. The yellow fault light for the cruise control is on on the dash and also alerts at everty startup, and I cannot activate the ACC.
Why would this installation have caused this? I took out the piggyback fuse and put things back where they originally were and it didn't fix the problem.
Any ideas?

19STi-19R

I had this happen too when I was doing hardwire for my radar, as mentioned before check all your fuses. In my case it was 7.5 amp fuse but I had faults with electronic parking break.

I also took a picture of all the fuses so i knew how to put them back properly :)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Test the fuse. Did you tap in on the hot side or cold side? And are you going to use the detector and the rear defrost at the same time? Does your radar detector have its own fuse?

GoLfUnV

Ready to race!
ACC sensors are housed in the rear view mirror cover... did you move/unplug anything up there? if so may require "re-calibration."

GoLfUnV

Ready to race!
Uh, no.

ACC sensor is either the big square thing in the lower grille (Mk7) or integrated into the round VW logo in the center of the grille (Mk7.5).
there is more than one sensor in the lower grille, additional sensors are housed under rear view mirror housing cover, and mounted on the inside of the windshield. if you don't believe me go an look ;)

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
there is more than one sensor in the lower grille, additional sensors are housed under rear view mirror housing cover, and mounted on the inside of the windshield. if you don't believe me go an look ;)
The ACC is controlled by one ‘sensor’ which is a radar, On the golf it is either in the front lower grill (MK7) or behind the front VW emblem (MK7.5), there are no sensors anywhere else relating to the ACC!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
No, not true, different control modules!

rodon

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed a piggyback fusetap for my radar detector (because it's hard not to speed in this thing). I plugged into F47 (rear windshield wiper).
After doing this and running the hardwire up the A pillar and attaching the radar detector to the underside of the rearview mirror, suddenly the ACC doesn't work. The yellow fault light for the cruise control is on on the dash and also alerts at everty startup, and I cannot activate the ACC.
Why would this installation have caused this? I took out the piggyback fuse and put things back where they originally were and it didn't fix the problem.
Any ideas?
Did you disconnect the battery when you did this? I had mine disconnected and afterwards got several faults including ACC. Cleared all the codes with VCDS, but it still took some driving for all of them to go away.