GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adaptive Cruise Control ACC

Ivarhoe

I have a question related to the Acc , Adaptive Cruse Control.
In combination with DSG this shall work down to standstill and in stop&go situations.
However , in my car it doesn't pull away automatically after it has stopped, I have to push on the throttle. In the Owners Manual it is written that the automatic pull away function only is available in some markets. I live in Norway.
Does anybody know more about this? Does anybody have the fully automatic stop&go function in their car?

Belix

Passed Driver's Ed
Sound like a setting you could enable with VCDS, but since the car is so new, pretty sure the feature would not be documented yet

bigralphie

If you come to a complete stop for more than around 3 secs you have to apply the throttle or just press the res switch on the wheel to get rolling again

vwman

Go Kart Champion
So are we saying the automatic pull away with DSG that the OP mentioned is not enabled in the UK ?
Shame..

bigralphie

Yes but only if the traffic in fronts moves within 3 sec .

You will get dash message saying "acc ready" if you push the res button it keeps the autostart on another 3 secs but I just press res when the traffic moves easy

vwman

Go Kart Champion
I see... I would be interested to hear if thats the same setting in other countries re the maximum three seconds only for car in front to move on.
I suspect it probably is.

Ron Stig

Adaptive cruise control

I find the setting of how far you want to be behind the car in front makes a difference too. Set too close and the car brakes go on when you'd normally not want them to.
Also, when the car tries to pick up speed again, it does this slower than you would do manually. I find I have to press the throttle (what a strain eh?) to then keep up with the traffic in front. I tried the dsg in sport mode to see if it made a difference but it didn't. In steady traffic however it is great. I use it a lot on the restricted 50mph stretch of the M6 where all the roadworks are near Birmingham.