GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC)

dipth

Ready to race!
I'm currently considering buying the new Golf 7.
I'll be going for the 1.4 TSI 140 HK with DSG, but I'm wondering if I should buy the Adaptive Chassis Control option. I've been unable to find much information about the system except for marketing material from VW.

Do any of you in here have any experience with the system and can you recommend it or is it a waste of money?

Bear in mind that I also plan on adding the sport-chassis option and 17" rims, which I imagine will have an impact on the system?

le0n1

Ready to race!
DCC have a sport option who tigten the dampers amongs other things. I can recormend fitting the car with DCC, the comfort option is a must have for me:)

joeone

Hi can anyone advise me I am about to order a Golf GTD 5DR DSG and I cannot decide if I should add adaptive chassis control my wife has a bad back and in the comfort mode does it help the ride . By now a lot of you would have been living with it for a bit . please advise

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Hi can anyone advise me I am about to order a Golf GTD 5DR DSG and I cannot decide if I should add adaptive chassis control my wife has a bad back and in the comfort mode does it help the ride . By now a lot of you would have been living with it for a bit . please advise

My brother had DCC on his sirocco, only you can decide if it's worth the extra £800 or not, I don't think it will be a deal breaker for your Wife's condition to be honest, in fact is a Golf even the ideal option? My daughters Mum siad my last Golf seemed low for her to get in and out (she has some sort of condition too) and was semi comfortable in her Picasso seating position.

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!

If you have 17" wheels then it's probably not critical.

18" it would be a good idea.

19" definitely...

Doden

Ready to race!
I went for it thinking it would give me a limousine type ride on comfort, but it doesn't. The difference between normal and comfort is barely noticeable and, due I suspect, to a software glitch, you can't have true Eco mode with comfort DCC setting in 'individual' mode ( the only way to get the two working together)...the engine won't 'coast' in this setting. In my opinion £700 wasted.

enkil

Ready to race!
A must have feature for me the DCC. Absolutely fantastic :)

I can feel the the world of difference in comfort mode compared to normal/sport. Helps a lot going thru bad roads when you are on 19inch rims. Individual mod can mix and match eco with normal suspension and vice versa. Love it!

joeone

RE adaptive chassis control on a GTD

Borrowed a new 2L TDI GT DSG for the day drove round the lakes for the day loved it very good ride . My wife had no problems with the seating and comfort ,need a car also for long motorway trips and for city driving so the GTD fits the bill and lease costs are about the same (nearly) when you add the extras

dadu

Ready to race!
I drive on poor roads and I'm a little disappointed of the DCC. It's not as good as I expected but the standard suspension is worst (bought have a sporty set-up). It's not a bad thing but I don't consider it a confortable car.