GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

actual Eibach Pro-Kit lowering height

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
spring rate and damping ratio need to be tuned together to determine the settling time of the oscillations. if you adjust the spring rate without tuning the damping ratio, the system will be more/less stable than designed since the undamped natural frequency of the system stays constant.

Ride feels more harsh because its less balanced. it may not be actually stiffer, but poor ride quality may be attributed to this. you feel the bounces more because the settling time of the system is increased or decreased which changes the feel completely

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass-spring-damper_model
x is the displacement, x(dot) is the velocity, and x(double dot) is the acceleration of the system

this paper goes into more detail about frequency and settling time in the mass spring damper model.
https://faculty.washington.edu/seattle/physics227/reading/reading-3b.pdf

Some good stuff here if you're into learning the theory behind "why my low low springs make car go ouch bounce"

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Mine measure 25.25" in the front and 25.75" in the rear. Installed on 2016 GTI with PP and DCC March 2020, have about 15k miles on them maybe

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Do you already have the B6s on or still on stock shocks now?

ya, my front passenger was shot (OEM)...I was going to go with a fixed spring, but thought I would give the MSS springs still a shot at it since they were good with the OEM shocks...

however, the perches don't allow the bottom adjustment. I do have the top adjustment too, but now I need to take everything out anyway...I might as well go with what many people have been saying. I thought 0.6" wasn't going to do it....but that's what I have with the MSS springs already and I don't mind the ride height.

Next stop, S5 or RS5 Sportback if I want a lower sitting position

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
On ride height cars are typically 5-15mm away from the spring aid. My 17 GTI is on B8‘s (fronts are special twintube shocks) with the Golf R linear Eibach Pro-kit springs. It came down from 368mm to about 345mm. I have cut 5-6mm from the top of front and rear spring aids off. Believe it or not but it dramatically changed/eliminated the crashing I experienced on rough roads around Europe before.
So this is something that is pissing me off, why does all the advertisement claim they are progressive? or am I looking at the wrong part numbers?

https://eibach.com/us/1887/E10-85-041-01-22-VOLKSWAGEN-Golf-R-pro-kit

I heard that there was a different part number for the Europeans, do you know what it is? I was looking at Eibach UK and couldn't figure it out

PS, went to Koln to catch up to where my dad grew up....if we had Merzenich bakery in the rest of the world, it would be a better place, hate North America for this

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
According to the European Eibach-parts-site that's the kit number for the Golf 7 R:

kit#: E10-85-041-01-22
1673027042537.png

Out of the TÜV document that are the technical specs of the springs:

FA spring-#: 11-85-041-01-VA
1673026887638.png

RA spring-#: 11-15-021-05-HA
1673026972859.png

1673026668926.png

P.S.: My first job at Ford Motor Company in Cologne was right next to the main Merzenich bakery. I know what you are talking about...

Attachments

• ABE1015021.PDF
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 27

Spades

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 R
Apparently US kits are progressive and European kits are linear. European kits are E10-85-041-01-22 for the Golf R.

I would recommend recalibrating the DCC are lowering it. Apparently if you don't, they might feel crashy. I recalibrated mine using OBD11 immediately after lowering and the ride was like stock. It really was the OEM+ look with minimal degradation in ride quality. Comfort mode on Eibach was like Normal mode on stock springs. Very live-able but big potholes do crash.

r12rex

Go Kart Newbie
I have Eibach pro kit/B6 on my R and echo a lot of the feedback that others have said about the setup. I did a DCC recalibration after they settled and felt a significant improvement in ride quality and performance compared to the initial rise quality after the install, definitely recalibrate the DCC!

I cannot comment on how much it dropped because I never took before and after measurements, however just eyeballing it I would said it is pretty accurate to what Eibach states (I did the finger test before and after install).

Here are recent pictures, 245/35r19 Ps4s tires. They fill out the wheel well more and definitely make the car look lower because of it, but actually gave me a small amount of ground clearance because of the slightly larger diameter tire (I don’t scrape my lip where I used to with 235/35r19 tires)

IMG_9487.jpeg
IMG_9488.jpeg

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Here is a comparison between Eibach's (0.6 drop) and EMD's (1.0 drop). I would say both shocks have about the same mileage on them.

The most recent pictures are not detailed...I need a few hours this weekend, I hope...

Eibach Pro-Kit (E10-85-041-01-22) /w B6's and a 10 mm spacer (I don't think it matters in that angle)

EMD Springs /w stock shocks and no spacer

Honestly, I don't know how some are having such a large drop. Could be the angles they are taken from?

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
recalibrating your DCC will also reset the headlight leveling if you have a LP car. and itll let you know if you flipped the ride height sensor linkage the wrong way when you reinstalled everything. axe me how i know