GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

actual Eibach Pro-Kit lowering height

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Just want real world feedback from owners as to what their drop is at the end of the day. Bonus marks if you are running the Eibach's (E10-85-041-01-22) with the Bilstein B6's, and can provide feed back on driving impressions too. All I have already read are positive.

Eibach US site says : 0.2" front, 0.6" rear
Various vendor sites say: 0.6" front, 0.6" rear

I would usually go with the manufactures, but that doesn't sound right, that they are making the rear lower then the front...

Additional,
I am happy with a 0.6 inch drop, I have a MSS kit and that's about the max drop anyway. I am just not sure about that 0.2" in the front. The MSS kit just doesn't seem to sit right with the Bilstein B6's and I was going to go fixed spring since I have fiddled with the MSS kit enough and want to move on.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I think some of the variance comes from GTI vs R fitment. Obviously the R will ride lower in the back.

FWIW this is a DSG 7.5 R on stock shocks and Pro-kit (245/40/18 + 18x9+42 wheels) with CSS knuckles (about -2.0 deg in front).

1672772696460.png

1672772833075.png

Despite what the pictures say, these are definitely linear. And sorry, can't give you specific fender to ground measurements, didn't measure stock and these springs are now off the car (but happy to sell them if you're looking for a set).

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Eibach US site says : 0.2" front, 0.6" rear
Various vendor sites say: 0.6" front, 0.6" rear

I would usually go with the manufactures, but that doesn't sound right, that they are making the rear lower then the front...

Sample of one here but my 2019 R has more fender gap stock in the rear than the front. If the advertised measurements are correct it would level my car out perfectly.

kep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
In case you're curious I recently reached out to Eibach inquire about the spring rates on this kit. Here is their response:
front: 177lbs/in rear: 234 lbs/in

This is approx 10 lb/in softer than stock

IGM2019

Passed Driver's Ed
Wonder why people say they ride stiffer than stock.

scrllock are you running stock top mounts with the ohlins?

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I have that setup – 2018 R on Eibach pro kit springs and B6's – and I love it. I can't compare to stock in much detail because I put this setup on the R almost as soon as I got it, nor do I have specific measurements, but maybe these pictures help? I can say the ride is fantastic, I like a fairly smooth but tight ride and drive mostly in Normal and sometimes Sport.

My guess would be this setup drops the car a tad more than 0.6", but that may be because I had a GTI on DG springs before this that I'm comparing it to (this is lower) but I'm not sure... I drive in NYC and never have a problem anywhere with the car being too low.

Three of these pics are with my summer wheels which are 18" and one is with my winters which are 17", both ET 45 I think (wish they were 38).

IMG_2253 2.jpg

_GFX5556.jpg

IMG_9186.jpg

IMG_42392.jpg

IGM2019

Passed Driver's Ed
yes, but changing to vorshlag plates. the pictures I posted are on the eibachs with stock struts/mounts.
Did you have to do anything more than fender screw for rubbing with the 245/40/18s? I'm considering prokit/b6 or the ohlins and wonder if I'll need camber mounts for rubbing?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Did you have to do anything more than fender screw for rubbing with the 245/40/18s? I'm considering prokit/b6 or the ohlins and wonder if I'll need camber mounts for rubbing?
no, just removed the top screw and tucked the liner over the tab. FWIW 255/35/18s didn't rub on 18x9+45 without the screw mod.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Ok this is awesome, I feel way more confident now in the decision. Especially since I see Michigan and NY comments who know what the north is like. Our roads here aren't bad, but visiting in laws in Montreal it is a third world country when it comes to the roads, I have never driven on anything so terrible before (including in NYC honestly). At least they can afford a F1 race track, right? I mean...

I went through my own journal / build thread, and I found with the EMD's I would rub, especially when out of town. The MSS Springs were good, but now the collars need to be removed to unseize them. They also don't fit the perches of the B6 properly, so I have to revert to the top mounted collars instead of bottom which I have, but more headaches...it's time to move on and just go with a fixed spring if I am taking the fronts out anyway.

Right now I have top screw and tucked liner over the tab, just the same as it's mentioned for the Eibach's...so the front is getting the drop for sure. Anything beyond and it's been mentioned you start screwing around more and more with the suspension.

IGM2019

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok this is awesome, I feel way more confident now in the decision. Especially since I see Michigan and NY comments who know what the north is like. Our roads here aren't bad, but visiting in laws in Montreal it is a third world country when it comes to the roads, I have never driven on anything so terrible before (including in NYC honestly). At least they can afford a F1 race track, right? I mean...

I went through my own journal / build thread, and I found with the EMD's I would rub, especially when out of town. The MSS Springs were good, but now the collars need to be removed to unseize them. They also don't fit the perches of the B6 properly, so I have to revert to the top mounted collars instead of bottom which I have, but more headaches...it's time to move on and just go with a fixed spring if I am taking the fronts out anyway.

Right now I have top screw and tucked liner over the tab, just the same as it's mentioned for the Eibach's...so the front is getting the drop for sure. Anything beyond and it's been mentioned you start screwing around more and more with the suspension.
Do you already have the B6s on or still on stock shocks now?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

scrllock are you running stock top mounts with the ohlins?
because the ride is more harsh since the spring rate is longer matched to that damping ratio of the stock dampers. it feels way more rough

I'll measure my fender height after work. I have a 2016 gti with the pro kit. the ride quality is horrible, get coilovers. I'll be switching once I can afford to. I'm in ohio so i have awful roads. I wont drive the gti to my parents house anymore because of the pothole dodging on the route. its not too low, but it is much more uncomfortable than stock. i know this post is going to trigger a bunch of people, but I'm just being real with you

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

It’s all about the effective spring rate out of coil spring and spring aid. Lowered you are closer to or even riding on the spring aids.

Spring aids have a very (aggressive) progressive rate. Around the touch point they are soft, the more they get compressed the rate increases.

On ride height cars are typically 5-15mm away from the spring aid. My 17 GTI is on B8‘s (fronts are special twintube shocks) with the Golf R linear Eibach Pro-kit springs. It came down from 368mm to about 345mm. I have cut 5-6mm from the top of front and rear spring aids off. Believe it or not but it dramatically changed/eliminated the crashing I experienced on rough roads around Europe before.

Although many guys told me not to use my GTI to drive down to Croatia, because the roads down there and in Slovenia are f…g awful, I did last summer. The 3 of us didn’t experience any crashing on our whole 3000km trip.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Whereas mine are higher than they should be. 🤷‍♂️