GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Active Info Display themes - coding spreadsheed

Janman82

Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Thank you for this thread, just finished my retrofit thanks to all the resources here and Vortex. Chillout, thank you for your spreadsheet, extremely helpful!

Jos990

Car(s)
Golf GTE 2018
Hi,

I am trying to change the dials on my GTE but looking at the spread sheet, it says hybrid graphics on some, does it mean it shows all the electrical things on my GTE?
Afraid to mess up something i read that some had their car logo disappear from hybrid mode..

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
It says hybrid graphics on some, does it mean it shows all the electrical things on my GTE?
Afraid to mess up something i read that some had their car logo disappear from hybrid mode..

If you pick a setting that doesn't have the hybrid graphics, the hybrid menu in the AID has no graphics of your car. But it won't hurt your car. GTE mode can dissapear , but that is not because of AID coding, but that's because of gateway and MIB2 retrofit.

Jos990

Car(s)
Golf GTE 2018
@Chillout i have been reading all of your posts on drive2 and even made an account there even though it seemed impossible, i have factory composition media and aid but if i change another setting that has hybrid graphics it will still have all the gte options/charging etc?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
:) Yes, no worries, you will not lose any GTE/charging/hybrid functions.

The only thing that can go "wrong" if you are coding your AID is the following car graphic: depending on the Vehicle Variant, there will be no car graphic here, but just the energy flow animation without a car.
1604045221654.png

gtiperf

Bonsoir à tous

Voilas apres avoir teste sur mon gti pour avoir le thème R sur mon cockpit virtuel

Voici le rendu
received_362907054976251.jpeg

le soucis c est que j aimerais avoir les petits point en dessous de la voiture puis les contours des compteurs en bleu comment faire svp ?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
What's everyone rocking these days in terms of themes? Anecdotally it seems like most folks go with the "R" tube variant but I've actually been more a fan of the GTI one:

IMG_2058.jpeg

Post up your configs, would love to see more!

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Might be a dumb question but.. I don't have a virtual cockpit and I was hoping I can change the bottom accent line on my dashboard. The only OBD11 option is 'Carbon' which makes everything white. Is there a coding section I can look at to change the theme on my cluster?

bako_mk7

Car(s)
Jetta SEL Prem
I'm sorry, "vehicle Variant" is an entry in Obd11, but I will find the right Byte and bits for you tonight.

edit, from the VCDS label files, long coding, Byte 02, bit 3-6:
Has anyone posted or shown what the difference between all these variants are?

I tried doing the adaptation with VCDS for the dots on my car with no change.

Module 17/Adaptation/search depiction for "Display Depiction)/Variant 3 = no change for my car

Have you guys ran across the message telling you that you need to open the hood for adaptation changes? Interesting...

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure if it applies to every module, but after I installed a facelift (Mk7.5+ gen) BCM I could no longer make changes without popping the hood. At first I thought something happened with my VCDS cable... after starting a thread (wasting other people's time) on Ross-Tech we figured out the "problem." With the BCM that came in my car hood did not have to be opened.

Presumably, it's because a battery charger should be connected when doing coding/updates. At a service center this would be part of their procedure before running diagnostics or updates. Of course you don't have to connect a battery charger, but it's a good reminder.

@bako_mk7 Are you making these changes on the Jetta from your profile? If so, Jetta AID is different part number (hardware and software) so everything may not carry over from the Golf AID tweaks.

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
when i did my install, they programmed it to display the 2 door variant gti, but mine is a 4 door so it does not show rear door open indicator. will coding it to 4 door fix this or is there more to code?