GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Accessport question/ thought

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I run an aftermarket IC, turbo inlet elbow, modified stock air intake, high flow panel filter. Does that change your assessment, or would Unitronic still be the way to go?
Sure he means hardware like fueling/turbo/meth type of items.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I run an aftermarket IC, turbo inlet elbow, modified stock air intake, high flow panel filter. Does that change your assessment, or would Unitronic still be the way to go?

I don't have any experience with Unitronic but I would still go Cobb/EQT for two reasons. From everything I've read EQT has become the best tuner and it future proofs you if you add more bolt on power items like a DP because it's inexpensive to upgrade the EQT tune to work with the new mods.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Got mine 1 day ago. EQT OTS stage 1 and dsg tune. Just got the DSG file last night so I have not loaded that yet. Just running the cobb dsg sport tune until I get to it tonight. Coming from a JB4, the difference is well worth it. Power is greater yes, but it is the power delivery and drivability that really sets it apart. A more linear power curve makes it feel much smoother, and the power is always there with the dsg tune. With the JB4 it could feel somewhat abrupt at times. Looking forward to flashing the EQT dsg file this evening. I did get the burbles in Sport mode which I was a bit worried might be too obnoxious, but they sound cool to me and also I am not in Sport mode too often.
On the Traction Control question- they stated that yes it must be reset/adjusted via the AP every time you restart the car. They are hoping Cobb figures out how to keep it from reverting back each time. Despite this I highly recommend this Tuning package!

Nice review.

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
Got the EQT DSG file flashed to the car. Excellent! I will be less likely to switch to manual now as the tune in Drive is near perfect! Sport is rowdy for sure, and the burbles sound awesome. Had my 9 year old boy in the car when I demonstrated this for him, and he exclaimed " you can turn your car into an actual sportscar now." I guess he was not that impressed before.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Got the EQT DSG file flashed to the car. Excellent! I will be less likely to switch to manual now as the tune in Drive is near perfect! Sport is rowdy for sure, and the burbles sound awesome. Had my 9 year old boy in the car when I demonstrated this for him, and he exclaimed " you can turn your car into an actual sportscar now." I guess he was not that impressed before.

Smart kid. Have you thought about letting him drive? ?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
There's no way my son, who will be 12 in June, will be getting my car. One, it scares the shit out of him when I floor it a little, and two, way too much power for his first car.
I'm taking my 14 yr old out in mine to start learning how to drive today....wide empty roads, man . . . . Wide empty roads

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There's no way my son, who will be 12 in June, will be getting my car. One, it scares the shit out of him when I floor it a little, and two, way too much power for his first car.

My dad did the same to me at that age and my first car ended up being a 1966 Plymouth Fury hemi. So you might be scaring him but you're feeding the passion later on. That was a good thing for me.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yep, barely any traffic especially at night. I've been pinging Ed to get me my first revision because this is the perfect time to go out and do some data logging.
Totally. Waiting for my third right now....