swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I think we might be talking past each other. I'll go out this morning and check to see what his protune is set too.
As I understand it, the tune will have the TC active, but it’s up to the user on each key cycle to reset the adjustable level of TC from default level settings. It’s been about a year since Ed mentioned this so perhaps FW has changed since. Let us know what you find out.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
As I understand it, the tune will have the TC active, but it’s up to the user on each key cycle to reset the adjustable level of TC from default level settings. It’s been about a year since Ed mentioned this so perhaps FW has changed since. Let us know what you find out.
This. Absolutely....I'll check it out this morning, but willing to bet it's just as you stated.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Okay so just checked it all out.......mine was static at "3", so assuming that was from Ed. I raised it to "9" to take any hindrances away and I was stunned......it was friggin awesome....pulled like a monster with no restrictions! Where has traction control been all my life???

So I'll go back out in awhile to see if it defaults back to "3".

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Okay so just checked it all out.......mine was static at "3", so assuming that was from Ed. I raised it to "9" to take any hindrances away and I was stunned......it was friggin awesome....pulled like a monster with no restrictions! Where has traction control been all my life???

So I'll go back out in awhile to see if it defaults back to "3".

Are you referring to traction control or launch control?

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
Got mine 1 day ago. EQT OTS stage 1 and dsg tune. Just got the DSG file last night so I have not loaded that yet. Just running the cobb dsg sport tune until I get to it tonight. Coming from a JB4, the difference is well worth it. Power is greater yes, but it is the power delivery and drivability that really sets it apart. A more linear power curve makes it feel much smoother, and the power is always there with the dsg tune. With the JB4 it could feel somewhat abrupt at times. Looking forward to flashing the EQT dsg file this evening. I did get the burbles in Sport mode which I was a bit worried might be too obnoxious, but they sound cool to me and also I am not in Sport mode too often.
On the Traction Control question- they stated that yes it must be reset/adjusted via the AP every time you restart the car. They are hoping Cobb figures out how to keep it from reverting back each time. Despite this I highly recommend this Tuning package!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
1. How often does EQT offer sales like this?
2. The access port has to be constantly plugged into the OBD port?
I'll have to let EQT explain their standard sales, as I don't know them.
No, once you load your tune, you can put the AP in the glove box. Unless you want to use it as gauge reader or change your traction control all the time.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I'll have to let EQT explain their standard sales, as I don't know them.
No, once you load your tune, you can put the AP in the glove box. Unless you want to use it as gauge reader or change your traction control all the time.

Sounds good, thanks.
Do you think it's worth getting their base stage 2 tune and ditch Unitronic stage 2 i have right now? I doubt I'll do a pro tune, so just the base tune for me.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Sounds good, thanks.
Do you think it's worth getting their base stage 2 tune and ditch Unitronic stage 2 i have right now? I doubt I'll do a pro tune, so just the base tune for me.

I would say unless you are planning on adding significantly more hardware which needs to be tuned for then stay with unitronic. You can’t get that money back and there’s not much difference between any of the ots tunes between companies. I went Cobb straight away because I knew one day I would upgrade the turbo and wanted to be ready for it.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I would say unless you are planning on adding significantly more hardware which needs to be tuned for then stay with unitronic. You can’t get that money back and there’s not much difference between any of the ots tunes between companies. I went Cobb straight away because I knew one day I would upgrade the turbo and wanted to be ready for it.

I run an aftermarket IC, turbo inlet elbow, modified stock air intake, high flow panel filter. Does that change your assessment, or would Unitronic still be the way to go?