GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Accessport question/ thought

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
what is the traction control bit? I didn't look into it really just thought it was turning it on/off via cobb AP (which seems like meh since ya know you can do it from settings in dash

Basically my understanding is that it replaces or overrides the factory system so that rather than using the brakes to reduce power, which makes the car stutter and bog down, it reduces ignition timing as needed to let the car gain traction again and then lets the power back in (I think). So you get a much smoother experience of the car fighting for traction, and it feels way better on heavy throttle from a dig or a slow roll. There's a video about it somewhere

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
yeah his site looks like AP is 675 and it comes with cobb tunes or you can get 1 free (Stage 1, or stage 2 tune from EQT) non custom. You can buy a custom tune for 500 extra
the protune is so worth it if you can do it.

Basically my understanding is that it replaces or overrides the factory system so that rather than using the brakes to reduce power, which makes the car stutter and bog down, it reduces ignition timing as needed to let the car gain traction again and then lets the power back in (I think). So you get a much smoother experience of the car fighting for traction, and it feels way better on heavy throttle from a dig or a slow roll. There's a video about it somewhere
this is worded way better than what I said

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
the protune is so worth it if you can do it.

this is worded way better than what I said
yeah i mean for now, money wise, I cant really do it haha. But thinking about the free OTS EQT tune i could, but i do still need to buy wheels and coils to go with the new tires in my garage. haha, maybe ill just go full BT 2021 season and get the suspension/ wheels/ tires, dialed in 2020

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
side note, I might buy EQT coilovers with this tax refund tho haha.

That literally is going to be my next mod, but I need the stock suspension to wear out enough to justify it. The fact that I can keep stock height makes his the winners for me

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
yeah my stock ride height is good and all but i do want the looks of being low. its all really just a money thing, having a house and all its harder and harder to justify car parts over other things haha

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
yeah my stock ride height is good and all but i do want the looks of being low. its all really just a money thing, having a house and all its harder and harder to justify car parts over other things haha
Welcome to the club lol.
I've had every combo possible through the years. This one will be limited to the angle of my driveway, minus exactly 1/4"

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
What I gathered from Cobb, is that you actually purchase the DSG functionality for the AP, and the maps come "free" with it. Same thing with EQT when he was running that special. I'll say that his DSG tune is MONEY.....shifts never leave me lacking. Way better than Uni Stg2

I was speaking solely about the burbles and the Cobb functions like traction control and launch control. The dsg license key is a separate item.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I was speaking solely about the burbles and the Cobb functions like traction control and launch control. The dsg license key is a separate item.

those are activated in his base tunes already? Bonus!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
How does the Cobb TC work with the AP unplugged from the car?
Adjusting the TC is done through the ECU once, and then is done. The AP is nothing more than a communicator with the ECU (the way to upload/download from the ECU) and a logging device.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
How does the Cobb TC work with the AP unplugged from the car?
Adjusting the TC is done through the ECU once, and then is done. The AP is nothing more than a communicator with the ECU (the way to upload/download from the ECU) and a logging device.

This is incorrect. Directly from Cobbs site they say it resets to the cars control on every key cycle. If you want to use theirs it has to be manually selected every time you start the car.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
This is incorrect. Directly from Cobbs site they say it resets to the cars control on every key cycle. If you want to use theirs it has to be manually selected every time you start the car.

Makes no sense. Logically that means that if your AP isn't plugged in, you don't have TC. TC has to be written into the tune