GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Accessport question/ thought

mk7_bk

Drag Racing Champion
yeah my stock ride height is good and all but i do want the looks of being low. its all really just a money thing, having a house and all its harder and harder to justify car parts over other things haha

swcrow

Autocross Newbie
yeah my stock ride height is good and all but i do want the looks of being low. its all really just a money thing, having a house and all its harder and harder to justify car parts over other things haha
Welcome to the club lol.
I've had every combo possible through the years. This one will be limited to the angle of my driveway, minus exactly 1/4"

Wastegate13

Drag Race Newbie
What I gathered from Cobb, is that you actually purchase the DSG functionality for the AP, and the maps come "free" with it. Same thing with EQT when he was running that special. I'll say that his DSG tune is MONEY.....shifts never leave me lacking. Way better than Uni Stg2
I was speaking solely about the burbles and the Cobb functions like traction control and launch control. The dsg license key is a separate item.

swcrow

Autocross Newbie
How does the Cobb TC work with the AP unplugged from the car?
Adjusting the TC is done through the ECU once, and then is done. The AP is nothing more than a communicator with the ECU (the way to upload/download from the ECU) and a logging device.

Wastegate13

Drag Race Newbie
How does the Cobb TC work with the AP unplugged from the car?
Adjusting the TC is done through the ECU once, and then is done. The AP is nothing more than a communicator with the ECU (the way to upload/download from the ECU) and a logging device.
This is incorrect. Directly from Cobbs site they say it resets to the cars control on every key cycle. If you want to use theirs it has to be manually selected every time you start the car.

swcrow

Autocross Newbie
This is incorrect. Directly from Cobbs site they say it resets to the cars control on every key cycle. If you want to use theirs it has to be manually selected every time you start the car.
Makes no sense. Logically that means that if your AP isn't plugged in, you don't have TC. TC has to be written into the tune

daconchslop

Go Kart Newbie
Makes no sense. Logically that means that if your AP isn't plugged in, you don't have TC. TC has to be written into the tune

swcrow

Autocross Newbie
I think we might be talking past each other. I'll go out this morning and check to see what his protune is set too.

daconchslop

Go Kart Newbie
I think we might be talking past each other. I'll go out this morning and check to see what his protune is set too.
As I understand it, the tune will have the TC active, but it’s up to the user on each key cycle to reset the adjustable level of TC from default level settings. It’s been about a year since Ed mentioned this so perhaps FW has changed since. Let us know what you find out.

swcrow

Autocross Newbie
As I understand it, the tune will have the TC active, but it’s up to the user on each key cycle to reset the adjustable level of TC from default level settings. It’s been about a year since Ed mentioned this so perhaps FW has changed since. Let us know what you find out.
This. Absolutely....I'll check it out this morning, but willing to bet it's just as you stated.

swcrow

Autocross Newbie
Okay so just checked it all out.......mine was static at "3", so assuming that was from Ed. I raised it to "9" to take any hindrances away and I was stunned......it was friggin awesome....pulled like a monster with no restrictions! Where has traction control been all my life???

So I'll go back out in awhile to see if it defaults back to "3".

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Newbie
Okay so just checked it all out.......mine was static at "3", so assuming that was from Ed. I raised it to "9" to take any hindrances away and I was stunned......it was friggin awesome....pulled like a monster with no restrictions! Where has traction control been all my life???

So I'll go back out in awhile to see if it defaults back to "3".
Are you referring to traction control or launch control?

Cptnjosh

Ready to race!
Ride
2017 Sport
Got mine 1 day ago. EQT OTS stage 1 and dsg tune. Just got the DSG file last night so I have not loaded that yet. Just running the cobb dsg sport tune until I get to it tonight. Coming from a JB4, the difference is well worth it. Power is greater yes, but it is the power delivery and drivability that really sets it apart. A more linear power curve makes it feel much smoother, and the power is always there with the dsg tune. With the JB4 it could feel somewhat abrupt at times. Looking forward to flashing the EQT dsg file this evening. I did get the burbles in Sport mode which I was a bit worried might be too obnoxious, but they sound cool to me and also I am not in Sport mode too often.
On the Traction Control question- they stated that yes it must be reset/adjusted via the AP every time you restart the car. They are hoping Cobb figures out how to keep it from reverting back each time. Despite this I highly recommend this Tuning package!