GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC ?!

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Guys. Help me out please. After a lot of waiting for VW to solve all its teething problems with the GTi, I've placed my order. I've ordered for Adaptive Chassis Control and from what I understand it has 5 modes (individual, eco, normal, sport and something else) that you select from the screen. So I assume in order to change the engine setting, you change it via the touchscreen.

The Dubai dealer confirmed they can get me ACC but apparently it has 3 modes - comfort, sport and normal. Are they getting confused with DCC and ACC?!

I'll post this on the global section of the forum to just to get other people's views as well. Hope you guys can help for the timebeing.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Guys. Help me out please. After a lot of waiting for VW to solve all its teething problems with the GTi, I've placed my order. I've ordered for Adaptive Chassis Control and from what I understand it has 5 modes (individual, eco, normal, sport and something else) that you select from the screen. So I assume in order to change the engine setting, you change it via the touchscreen.

The Dubai dealer confirmed they can get me ACC but apparently it has 3 modes - comfort, sport and normal. Are they getting confused with DCC and ACC?!

I'll post this on the global section of the forum to just to get other people's views as well. Hope you guys can help for the timebeing.

Seems you are both confused, driving mode has ECo, normal , sport and individual, Adaptive chassis control has comfort normal sport individual and perhaps race (on the R model) .

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
So safe to assume that the different driving modes control the engine behavior and ACC controls the suspension......?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
So safe to assume that the different driving modes control the engine behavior and ACC controls the suspension......?

Yes to a point, I find my best mpg is obtained when not using Eco mode, norm is dynamic enough.
I didn't opt for DCC as I felt it would be just left in normal.

pjr

Ready to race!
Opting for DCC gives you 5 driving modes - Comfort, Eco, Normal, Sport (Race on an R) & Individual. A UK car without DCC gets 4 modes as it doesn't have Comfort.

The different driving modes (except Individual) will adjust both the engine and the DCC setting (amongst other settings) e.g. Sport will set the engine & damping to Sport, Normal will set the engine & damping to Normal, and I think (because I don't have DCC) that Eco & Comfort will probably both set the damping to Comfort.

If you were to use the 'Individual' setting you could pick & choose between the different suspension settings (comfort/normal/sport) and engine settings (eco/normal/sport) independently of each other, so for example you could have comfort suspension & sport engine setting.