GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC & Start-stop system Faults

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this -

The car came up with a load of errors on the dash when I started the car up on Saturday evening, it eventually settled down and gave an ACC error and Start-stop system error, the car also idled rough, I restarted the car but the same errors popped up and interestingly the infotainment system remained on with the key out of the ignition, it normally shuts down with a "don't forgot your phone" message. Photos below showing the faults, ignore the "corning light (AFS)" error, that is due to the water damaged control unit, it is being replaced together with a new Bi-Xenon headlight unit in a couple of days.

I left the car for about 15 mins and started it up again and it seems to have righted itself with none of the ACC or Start / Stop errors showing.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Start-stop system is usually intentionally disabled if the engine detects a misfire at any time. It's a victim, not the cause of the failure. The error state will clear itself after a short run with no misfire followed by another full stop and ignition back on cycle.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I'm SO happy we didn't get the auto stop/start function here or my R would probably have it. That would get so annoying and would be the first thing I'd disable with vag com of possible. I wouldn't worry about this as it should all be covered under warranty. I assume you have the same 3yr 36k coverage as VW has in the US for its new cars?

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I got the same ACC error on Saturday morning. When I used the car later in the day it had disappeared and the ACC worked fine.

Ronin3

Ready to race!
Had the error once too.

I read on here somewhere that checking the earth connections and tightening if required, helps to prevent future random error messages.

tomcat2

Story of my life.

I had the same Stop Start error. Went to VW in Singapore

They Vacom it. Trouble is , 2 weeks back the error which was humongous with cylinder 3 and what not and VW change a new Charcol cannister for me.

2 weeks later anew error apprear and this time round its P044100.

Now beinga bit Pi$$ off, I ask for it to be look at.

Here is the spin.

VW cliam that the previous episode, there was no error detected and HENCE they had to manually insert the Vacom error in order to cliam the parts

This turn out to be a big fat lie. When the error registered was two weeks later in 21 AUg. The date where the car was brought in was 6 August for replacement of the cannister.

So VW again at the same moment with red face went and ask the chief mechanic what was going on.

What then transpired was ... (breath in breath out )

The reply was that my in car camera had cause a wrong reading and hence the true cause of the error is there is no error .. the load from the in car camera was the cause of it ..

OMG

That means if I were to load the car with turnng on the wiper, at night with the Head lights on, Aircon on, in a traffic jam, would the same error not occurred ?

The reply was, it wont. This is factory tested. What is not factory tested is the additional load of the in car camera.

:confused:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this -

The car came up with a load of errors on the dash when I started the car up on Saturday evening, it eventually settled down and gave an ACC error and Start-stop system error, the car also idled rough, I restarted the car but the same errors popped up and interestingly the infotainment system remained on with the key out of the ignition, it normally shuts down with a "don't forgot your phone" message. Photos below showing the faults, ignore the "corning light (AFS)" error, that is due to the water damaged control unit, it is being replaced together with a new Bi-Xenon headlight unit in a couple of days.

I left the car for about 15 mins and started it up again and it seems to have righted itself with none of the ACC or Start / Stop errors showing.

Tyler: Hi. if you press the part of the screen that says "Start-stop" in your third picture- I've copied it below, you will get a list of messages telling you why Start/Stop hasn't worked.

Here's a typical screen from my car when I press the "start-stop" part of the screen. The great thing about this screen is that it updates the messages in almost real-time (the update happens after a sampling period).

Anyhow, the next time that the problem happens - might be useful to have a look at this screen
Cheers
Don

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Thanks DV52. The dealership told me it needed a dash panel update after scanning for errors. On my first service updates were done which improved Nav pronunciation. I have not seen this fault since.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Just thank your lucky stars you didn't get the series of error messages my former car first displayed on 28th July and umpteen times since. It is now sitting abandoned and alone in a corner of the dealer's yard - I suspect it will eventually be broken for spares as even VW Wolfsburg can't identify the faults let alone fix it.

I collect its replacement on Tuesday.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Just thank your lucky stars you didn't get the series of error messages my former car first displayed on 28th July and umpteen times since. It is now sitting abandoned and alone in a corner of the dealer's yard - I suspect it will eventually be broken for spares as even VW Wolfsburg can't identify the faults let alone fix it.

Shame about that sunset red mk7, I rather liked it but the story is ending well for you, I look forward to the -----

"DW58's 2016 Variant" thread.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Last edited: