GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC Radar replacement

Shoogly

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge on the radar for adaptive cruise control. Mine took a hit from something, most likely a stone, and is no longer working. I am keen to get it fixed however do not want it in current location. I am aware the Mk7.5 and Mk8 have the radar in the badge. What I am asking is would this be possible to do on the Mk7 as this would be my intent if at all possible. Cheers in advance.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge on the radar for adaptive cruise control. Mine took a hit from something, most likely a stone, and is no longer working. I am keen to get it fixed however do not want it in current location. I am aware the Mk7.5 and Mk8 have the radar in the badge. What I am asking is would this be possible to do on the Mk7 as this would be my intent if at all possible. Cheers in advance.
Nope. Different SWaP codes - you'd need to get someone to hack the radar at the very least.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
You will have to update radar sw to accommodate the position change. I highly doubt if anyone can do this outside the factory.

Shoogly

You will have to update radar sw to accommodate the position change. I highly doubt if anyone can do this outside the factory.
I was going to go to VW themself to see as it expensive to get sorted either way so for own personal preference would prefer it not to be in front grille if possible.

Imteyaz

Car(s)
VW Golf 7.5R 2018.
My wife's cars radar took a hit not long ago whilst on the M6 and stopped working (it is located on the lower part of the bumper and not behind the badge as per some MK7.5 Golfs).

VCDS came up with a fault about 'improper signal' or similar and I could not clear it. I could see a witness mark on the cover of the radar where it had been hit. Whilst having a poke around, I disconnected the connector to the radar and plugged it back in (I was checking to see if it had been knocked loose / damaged). My wife told me next day when she drove to work, ACC was back to working as before. Worth a try before emptying your wallet out.