GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC radar removal

isacheema

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GT 2.0 DSG MK7
Hi all

Got a nice and short question for you all!

Does anyone know how to remove the dome shaped radar at the front? After a year of searching I have finally found a dome shaped radar but need to double check part number.

I once did get this far as my radar is completely f****ed and is literally hanging on by one side, so how do you go about doing this?

TIA
17B66962-DABB-48D4-BA1D-041229F60279.png

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I'd just ziptie it.

No need to replace the wheel because the lugs are stripped, knowwhatimsayin?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So is the wiring to the unit broken?...

Just looking at it the unit needs the other two legs pushing back into their respective sockets...maybe because its been left hanging like this for however long the wiring has broken behind it??

If you have another unit you'll need somebody to remove the component protection from it & code it to your car...

Basically I think the dome version is no longer made as I think it was superseded by the flat version from mid/late 2014..

isacheema

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GT 2.0 DSG MK7
So is the wiring to the unit broken?...

Just looking at it the unit needs the other two legs pushing back into their respective sockets...maybe because its been left hanging like this for however long the wiring has broken behind it??

If you have another unit you'll need somebody to remove the component protection from it & code it to your car...

Basically I think the dome version is no longer made as I think it was superseded by the flat version from mid/late 2014..
No the radar itself doesn’t work, the dome-shaped radar is known for being defective, and unfortunately, I can't fit the flat-shaped one as it is not compatible.

This picture is when I tried taking it off, I've reseated it correctly and it is sitting how it should, however the radar has never worked but don’t know how to take it off fully as I need to check the part number on the back - do you know how to do this. I do plan on paying someone to code and calibrate the radar.

I have sourced another radar and it is one of the only ones in the UK, but I just need to double-check the part numbers

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
5Q0 907 541 D, F, H, P or G... it will have component protection, and will need calibration as you know.
5Q0 907 461 A... is the hangar, if yours isn't bent no need to replace it
5G0 907 225 9B9... the plastic cover if yours is missing, don't see it in your picture

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
From ETKA:-
Also this domed part number appears in the listings for other build dates as in the 2013/2014 build years there was alot of changes...

Your car was first registered in the UK in May 2013...so built before this date & one of the very early MK7 Golfs...

radar sensor
for vehicles with adaptive cruise control
D >> - 20.05.2013
15Q0 907 541 Jcontrol unit with software for distance regulation and radar sensor
24H0 998 561repair set
35Q0 907 461bracket
45G0 907 225trim for radar sensor
5G0907225 9B9satin black
5N 10158605bolt,hex.hd.with shoul.(combi)

isacheema

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GT 2.0 DSG MK7
5Q0 907 541 D, F, H, P or G... it will have component protection, and will need calibration as you know.
5Q0 907 461 A... is the hangar, if yours isn't bent no need to replace it
5G0 907 225 9B9... the plastic cover if yours is missing, don't see it in your picture
Thank you so much for this!

How can I tell if the hangar is bent or not? Do I need to take off the radar to check

And also mine does come with the case, I had just taken it off to show it

isacheema

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GT 2.0 DSG MK7
From ETKA:-
Also this domed part number appears in the listings for other build dates as in the 2013/2014 build years there was alot of changes...

Your car was first registered in the UK in May 2013...so built before this date & one of the very early MK7 Golfs...

radar sensor
for vehicles with adaptive cruise control
D >> - 20.05.2013
15Q0 907 541 Jcontrol unit with software for distance regulation and radar sensor
24H0 998 561repair set
35Q0 907 461bracket
45G0 907 225trim for radar sensor
5G0907225 9B9satin black
5N 10158605bolt,hex.hd.with shoul.(combi)
Thanks for the reply bud

At risk of sounding stupid, what is this!!!

Are these the part numbers I need?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thanks for the reply bud

At risk of sounding stupid, what is this!!!

Are these the part numbers I need?

here is the drawing..yours is item 1

radar sensor; for vehicles with auto- matic dista... - Golf/Variant/4Motion(GOLF) [EUROPA 2014 year] (7zap.com)

Do I just yank it off or is there an actual method for it

there is no method its only held in with the three legs into the ball sockets..two of which are out on yours anyway.

Seriously just get somebody else to deal with the whole thing.