GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC deactivated

alan h

Ready to race!
Hi peeps i've searched the forum and did find a few with similar problems usually solved by a visit to the dealer. Before i do this i have a question albeit it sounds a silly one. I went to use the ACC today as i normally do everyday only it said its deactivated. I didnt get any warning nor are there any on the car info screen. its activated/ticked when i press the end of the left hand stalk and also going through driver assists on the menu.

now it seems it stopped working the same time i got a warning that i am due an oil change in 900 miles is this just a coincidence? cant believe it has anything to do with it, i have checked sensor looks fine cable etc.......

Car is a mk7 GTD coming upto 19k miles

TIA

MattB1

Ready to race!
Hi Alan,

I had a similar problem a few months ago, I can't remember exactly how I reactivated it, but I am sure it was via one of the steering wheel button switches, I got the message "acc active" and all was ok again. I drove around for a couple of days before I fixed it, tried going through the menus etc the same as you.

I am sure the oil change warning is just a coincidence.

Best regards,

Matt

alan h

Ready to race!
Hi all, i've tried every button going we'll see over the next few days if not trip to the dealers which i had planned some time soon anyhows as im getting water under the seal of the windscreen below the wipers only a little but its white now

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Press once for off, press again for on.

Jrho

I had a problem with the acc not working along with lane assist. There was a recall or service bulletin on the problem. I can't remember exactly what they called it. There was no charge to me. I did it at my 10,000 mile service