GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC – Top Gear Review

deangtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Did anyone see the Top Gear news last week?

They took a GTi around their track in Sports and Normal mode and their was no difference in time. In fact, they shaved a tenth of a second off in 'Comfort' mode!!!

Nearly ticked that option. Glad I didn't – £800 saved!!!!!

Doden

Ready to race!
Some confusion here I think. ACC is Adaptive Cruise Control which keeps he car at a predetermined speed and distance from car in front. DCC is the Damper control which does have a 'comfort' setting and provides a softer ride and in my opinion is worth the £800. Sports, Normal and Eco modes adjust the engine and gearbox performance which, in a DSG equipped car has a significant affect on acceleration. Assuming they had a manual, so guessing laps times would be similar. Won't be in a DSG car however! Didn't see the programme, so can't confirm the settings used for top gear tests.

Sorry, my mistake...ignore all this. ACC is Adaptive Chassis Control. ADC is Automatic Distance Control. My apologies deangtd.

Last edited:

jimble1

Ready to race!
Tbf VW doesn't say the adpative chassis control makes the car any faster, just changes the steering feel, ride damping and throttle response.

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
jimble was thinking the same thing too, dont think thats the idea behind this tech. its to make things suit the way its being driven, easier to control with less roll round Connors etc. even the sport driving changes dont add much better lap times on cars, your probably talking a few seconds tops from standard to sport really.