GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Tried Jay's "service position" method. After 10 mins I took it off and just took off the crash bar. Not sure how your supposed to separate the AC/IC/radiator from the housing (since you need to swing the AC outward) with everything still connected.
View attachment 257893
🫤 You just pull them out of the core support with it hanging there. I'm confused on what you had an issue with

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Sometimes 4 inches just doesn’t cut it

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Tried Jay's "service position" method. After 10 mins I took it off and just took off the crash bar. Not sure how your supposed to separate the AC/IC/radiator from the housing (since you need to swing the AC outward) with everything still connected.
View attachment 257893

🫤 You just pull them out of the core support with it hanging there. I'm confused on what you had an issue with

Is it different on the MK6 maybe? I had a hard time visualizing how it would work as well, but couldn't speak to it since I never tried it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
fairly certain charles gets into the service position deal in this vid

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
oh yeah... you've made a lot of 7's assume the service position haven't ya... mhmhmhmyehehaheheah... hrrnngngghghhhh

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Ah I did not take out the radiator. I see its a completely different process (leave headlights in, take out fan/radiator, etc....)

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Ah I did not take out the radiator. I see its a completely different process (leave headlights in, take out fan/radiator, etc....)
I've done it that way as well before, probably just as fast as putting it in service position but then you have to flush the coolant after and it's an added expense that I find unnecessary

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Should also add that its just me doing the work. If you have an extra set of hands they can hold the radiator/fan, then you can take out the IC and put in the new one and have #2 put radiator/fan back in. My friends 6 y/o is not much help.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hoes inbound.

1660427420674.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just a smidgen bigger.

1660505825445.png