GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You're not getting lights. He's just going to ship a box of Covid-23.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
He didn’t call you bro. Things aren’t well.
He's called me friend to tell me it might be a while.....

1679066358160.png

correction "freind"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Changed the oil. Definitely wasn't necessary, was still amber when it came out lol. But who knows what they put in it. At least now I know it has the proper stuff in.

Went to install my sequential mirror turn signals. Did the drivers side first. Doesn't work. Thanks Zhong Zhong via Amazon. Amazon will send a replacement.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1679107224786.png

i-said-hey-he-man (3).gif

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
So the wagon 7.5 euro tail light harness is so much easier than the GTI/R sequential turn harness install.

Helped a guy from the local mk7 FB group do the bpm tuning light and harness install. Trim is cake, the wire boots suck. Undoing the bottom is easy, tops always snap probably because it's blind.

Found these in an old post on repairing the wire boots.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...e-wiring-loom-grommet-boot-repair-diy.364987/
Long story short:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3246429

Going to print a set for this guy and for myself, turns what ends up being a 1 time use release into a reusable one.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So the wagon 7.5 euro tail light harness is so much easier than the GTI/R sequential turn harness install.

Helped a guy from the local mk7 FB group do the bpm tuning light and harness install. Trim is cake, the wire boots suck. Undoing the bottom is easy, tops always snap probably because it's blind.

Found these in an old post on repairing the wire boots.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...e-wiring-loom-grommet-boot-repair-diy.364987/
Long story short:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3246429

Going to print a set for this guy and for myself, turns what ends up being a 1 time use release into a reusable one.

Too bad I didn't know about those sooner lol. Oh well. My sealant job works as well.

@dtfd print a set of those for yourself. I imagine a wire would still have to be run for sequential turns with your incoming setup.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
On my first attempt I snapped the top lock of the boots as well. Ever since I just don’t unlock them when I have to run wires through the boots. Just gently run a wire snake, big zip tie, … through it first. Attach the wires with tape to snake and gently pull the snake back. When it feels it might get stuck massage the boot while you keep gently pulling. Has worked on quite a few cars for me so far.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
On my first attempt I snapped the top lock of the boots as well. Ever since I just don’t unlock them when I have to run wires through the boots. Just gently run a wire snake, big zip tie, … through it first. Attach the wires with tape to snake and gently pull the snake back. When it feels it might get stuck massage the boot while you keep gently pulling. Has worked on quite a few cars for me so far.

That's a great idea I never even thought about (obviously lol). My wire snake is a little too stiff to get through without undoing the boot, but leadnig a zip tie through first...

All these great ideas after I already snapped my third set of boots and sealed them up with silicone 🤣

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
That's a great idea I never even thought about (obviously lol). My wire snake is a little too stiff to get through without undoing the boot, but leadnig a zip tie through first...

All these great ideas after I already snapped my third set of boots and sealed them up with silicone 🤣

Weed whacker wire

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Womp womp. $8 Zhong Zhong wiper delete didn't fit right. I could get it to "fit", but not to the point where I felt comfortable with it. Forcing it put too much pressure on the glass at an angle, didn't want to chance it breaking the glass or something.

Rear wiper lives on.

For now...