GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So was playing around with my cheap borescope and cylinders today, and it looks like one of my pistons has a chip out of it? The walls themselves looked fine. I haven't noticed anything or anything, was just bored. This a cause for concern?

1642809295202.png

1642809304861.png

1642809316429.png

That's unfortunately as high as the resolution gets. I said it was a cheap borescope :(

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Seriously though.

All good, or cause for concern?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You motherfuckers need to stop "WOW 😲"ing my post, because I just read it as "Wow that's bad!"

YOU WANT ME TO GET THE GODDAMN GLI?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You motherfuckers need to stop "WOW 😲"ing my post, because I just read it as "Wow that's bad!"

YOU WANT ME TO GET THE GODDAMN GLI?
Been running fine? Don’t sweat it. Less weight for racing

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I'm still open to the idea if I found a dealer that would play ball.

What's next for you?

Lol. It's more so just making sure that if the car does stay with me, it's in good health.
Atlas V6 4Mo. B2B parts on order 😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I would get someone with a professional borescope and also do a compression test.

Compression test was done right before putting in the Vortex, checked out fine.

I was actually doing a compression test at the same time now and killed my battery trying to turn over my car without it starting :ROFLMAO:

I don't want you to get the GLI. I want your GTI to be what you expected it to be.

Oh, trust me. It is. 3rd gear is goddamn amazing. The fact that I can be going 85mph, downshift to 3rd, put my foot down, and it still pulls harder than most cars do while going 50mph... I mean, you were on a 400+ hp hybrid. You know what it's like :ROFLMAO:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I did just notice this though, this is making it hard...

1642813686447.png

That is the 2021 I was looking at, that has 1,300 miles. The dealers website did have it listed as an Autobahn, not sure why they changed it to an S. It's definitely an Autobahn. Virtual cockpit, 8" MIB screen, ventilated seats, etc... But it was listed at $32,600 and they dropped it $2,700...

I am really against having a black car though...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Compression test was done right before putting in the Vortex, checked out fine.

I was actually doing a compression test at the same time now and killed my battery trying to turn over my car without it starting :ROFLMAO:

Oh, trust me. It is. 3rd gear is goddamn amazing. The fact that I can be going 85mph, downshift to 3rd, put my foot down, and it still pulls harder than most cars do while going 50mph... I mean, you were on a 400+ hp hybrid. You know what it's like :ROFLMAO:
I know what it's like to an extent minus the exta + 80 HP you have on me.