GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No dice on the first dealer, waste of time just like I thought. Canceled my appointment at the second dealer, because I don't feel like rushing around. I'll visit them next weekend or something. They did take down the car's web page, so I wonder if they realized it was undervalued.

The dealer this morning would only give me $16.k for my car put back to stock, but would go up to $18.5k as-is, because I "built it right". I straight up laughed.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Do you think showing up instead of setting an appointment would’ve have worked better in your favor to not allow the dealer to “research” the GLI more?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Do you think showing up instead of setting an appointment would’ve have worked better in your favor to not allow the dealer to “research” the GLI more?

Maybe? I'm not even sure what's going on with it. They had it listed as an Autobahn at $32.6k originally. Why they changed the listing to an S and dropped it to $29.9k is beyond me.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
As far as my car and a GLI, I think need to do some heavy soul searching and make an absolute decision, if I want to get rid of my car or not. If I do want to commit to getting rid of it, put it back fully stock before going to these places. That way, what they see is what they get. I think doing the whole "Well, I have to put it back stock, but not fully stock, it would keep this and this, etc..." is hurting me.

That means I would need to find a stock downpipe and springs if I wanted to do that. I sold my DP at the height of the cat craze, and just gave my stock springs away. Which I should probably do anyway, just to have them on hand. Getting rid of them was a mistake.

Anyone have a stock DP or stock springs lying around they want to sell 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Please wait for warmer weather and get better tires before making your decisions.

Don't worry, it's not a "make a decision right now" thing.