GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia's Build Thread With A Boring Title Currently

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
A game changer for sure. What nozzle do you run on yours?

View attachment 287610

So, you paid (if bought new) between $200-250 depending on 2.5 or 5ah battery for a leaf blower vs $279 for an actual car dryer? I get it if you are saving money as the ones that buy a cheap electric. My first one was a Toro Power Jet F700 turbine leaf blower from Home Depot that was on sale for $49. But at that price range, the advantages of the car dryer are well worth the difference. And I can tell you that having that turbine blowing next to you, vs having the turbine on the floor or wall mounted makes a big difference on your sanity by the time you're done drying your car.

https://www.esotericcarcare.com/bigboi-blowr-mini-plus-car-dryer/

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
For me I just prefer being cordless. I absolutely hate dragging any cords or tubes around the car as no matter how careful I am I end up hitting the car with it one way or another. Plus it doubles as a leaf blower 😅

The heated feature would be nice for drying badges and stuff but not necessary for me. Other than that I think a leaf blower (especially the 765 I have) is much more powerful and can dry the car faster.

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
The other perspective is it's a leaf blower first, that also works well to dry off cars. I use mine to dry off car, blow dirt and debris out of the garage and off the porch, clear actual leaves, and to annoy the dog. So as much as a dedicated car dryer would be nice, a $200 leaf blower does a lot of things well enough.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Link me to the leaf blower battery and nozzle pls?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Link me to the leaf blower battery and nozzle pls?

I got this one (as a fathers day present) when it was on sale for $180.

EGO Power+ LB6503 650CFM 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Handheld Blower with 4.0Ah Battery and Charger Included, Black https://a.co/d/48vvc2V

Thing is a tornado in your hands. Maiden is right about one thing though, that mother fucker is loud as hell when it's right next to your head...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Theres also like 2 or 3 more powerful than that one.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
@Acadia18 what nozzle are you using?

Just some Amazon one.

PXL_20230806_223420495.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
In case you actually wanted a link

Car Drying Nozzle for EGO Leaf Blower - for EGO Power+ 530 575 580 615 650 765 Leaf Blower (Car Drying Nozzle/Car Wash Towel 16x16 in*2)
https://a.co/d/bPNzo3q

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
My wife finally noticed, over a week later...

Screenshot_20230807-182809.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Idk what you're talking about babe

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I mean, I told her that Saturday, "I'm meeting up with someone to grab a new exhaust for my car."

Then when I was in the garage the next day, I said, "I'm putting that exhaust on my car..."

It's a bit of a surprised pikachu moment there...