Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Wiener and balls

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Does seeing the results not encourage you to go further? That’s what keeps me going when I’m working through it. The before and after even on a car with pretty good paint to start with is amazing IMO. When I’m done polishing a panel the resulting shine is unlike anything else.

Why go with a topper instead of a legit ceramic coat? After polishing you’ve already done the hard work. Just curious. If you discussed this already lmk what page 😅

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Does seeing the results not encourage you to go further? That’s what keeps me going when I’m working through it. The before and after even on a car with pretty good paint to start with is amazing IMO. When I’m done polishing a panel the resulting shine is unlike anything else.

Why go with a topper instead of a legit ceramic coat? After polishing you’ve already done the hard work. Just curious. If you discussed this already lmk what page 😅

I do it in the garage to keep it out of the sun, and while the lighting is "good enough", it really isn't the best for seeing the results. That comes when I pull it out into the sun. So the initial before and after in kinda lackluster while doing it.

As far as a legit ceramic coat... It's a few things that just compound. I probably could do it myself, but I wouldn't want to. I know that just like polushing, I'd get tired of doing it a quarter of the way in. Plus, I'd be worried about messing it up.

So, pay a professional to do it? While I do value my time, I really dislike paying someone to do something I could do myself (even if I won't). Because that money could be spent on better things (like mods 🤣). Add that to the fact that the guy I would go to, overbooks himself horribly. It creates a situation where he'll say it'll be done in 4 days, then it take two weeks. Which says a lot about the quality of his work, but also about his poor managerial skills. He's a great detailer, just a poor businessman. And I can be without my car for that length of time.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I do it in the garage to keep it out of the sun, and while the lighting is "good enough", it really isn't the best for seeing the results. That comes when I pull it out into the sun. So the initial before and after in kinda lackluster while doing it.

As far as a legit ceramic coat... It's a few things that just compound. I probably could do it myself, but I wouldn't want to. I know that just like polushing, I'd get tired of doing it a quarter of the way in. Plus, I'd be worried about messing it up.

So, pay a professional to do it? While I do value my time, I really dislike paying someone to do something I could do myself (even if I won't). Because that money could be spent on better things (like mods 🤣). Add that to the fact that the guy I would go to, overbooks himself horribly. It creates a situation where he'll say it'll be done in 4 days, then it take two weeks. Which says a lot about the quality of his work, but also about his poor managerial skills. He's a great detailer, just a poor businessman. And I can be without my car for that length of time.

If you ever change your mind take a look at Gyeon Pure Evo. I had never applied a coating before and I found it pretty easy. I’ve done two cars with it so far and I’m really happy with it.

What I like is it’s easy to apply with a 10 min wipe off window and it only requires a single layer. No 3 layer 2 different types of coatings BS.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
If you ever change your mind take a look at Gyeon Pure Evo. I had never applied a coating before and I found it pretty easy. I’ve done two cars with it so far and I’m really happy with it.

What I like is it’s easy to apply with a 10 min wipe off window and it only requires a single layer. No 3 layer 2 different types of coatings BS.
I use the 303 graphene spray then just put some P&S bead maker on top of it.

Mods and food 🔝

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I use the 303 graphene spray then just put some P&S bead maker on top of it.

Mods and food 🔝

TB is getting expensive...

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
add some of those octagon lights to the ceiling of your garage
Was planning on doing this soon actually, anyone wanna send links so I can be the Zhong zhong test dummy here?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Those hexagon lights are stupid expensive for what they are.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
We use those same LED and lights at work to light stripped interiors for aircraft mods. They're bright, can be strung together, lightweight enough to hang by zip ties without needing a second hand, put off relatively little heat, and inexpensive. I should order a set for my garage.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So put on the Borla S Type Valved Exhaust with the APR valve controller I picked up from Salami. Huge shout out to him for the hellofa deal he gave me on it, as well as being willing to lug it up from NC while he's going on vacation so we can meet up and I can fulfil my "I think I want an exhaust!" fantasy!

PXL_20230730_170758005.jpg

Cold start in an enclosed area, it's a bit much, but settles down after those first 30 seconds. Cold starts outdoors aren't as loud, obviously. Putt putting around town, it's pretty mild. A bit more than stock when you're accelerating, of course.

Brought it on the highway, happy with the way it sounds there. It does pretty loud at WOT, but it's not like I'm driving around WOT 24/7. Just cruising on the highway, it's pretty quiet. I didn't notice any drone, which I was a bit worried about, as they do sell a version with a resonator. So thought there might be some, but there really isn't.

Overall pretty happy with it!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I'm going to look into this, go "Eh, that doesn't look that bad, I guess I'll do it!" then order it, start doing it, and hate myself after 20 minutes.