GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Are you euro tails OEM or an Aliexprecial?

Was thinking of rolling the dice on the ali tail lights but there isn't much info on tossing those in a 7.5

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Was thinking of rolling the dice on the ali tail lights but there isn't much info on tossing those in a 7.5

So my tails are older AliExspecial. Technically, Helix lights, which are the same thing. Them and their harnesses made for an MK7, and since the 7.5 has a different plug, I had to have Zero make me custom adapters. Said it was an odd request, usually people want to use 7.5 lights on a 7, not the other way around 🤣

@dtfd just ordered the $290 new style Zhong Zhong lights with the fun startup animation. He had to get a custom harness from Zero as well to convert the plus from ROW to NAR, so he'll have some more information soon on getting the current iteration of AliExpress lights to work on a 7.5.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

I'll update here how that project goes.

I ordered the lights march 7th......website says I should receive them by march 20th. I still haven't received a shipping confirmation.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I ordered the lights march 7th......website says I should receive them by march 20th. I still haven't received a shipping confirmation.

What was the shipping method?

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5

Yeah keep me posted! Fingers crossed they actually show up haha

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Got Monica, my AGM battery, and the jaybeefour installed. Routing for the wires coulda been better, but eh. Whatever.

View attachment 275384

Also got my Zhong Zhong wheel and climatronic controls installed .

View attachment 275385

Probably will be it for the day. Tomorrow I might wire up my dash cam, and run the harness for my sequential tails. That way when my adapter from Zero arrives on Monday, swapping to my euro LED tails is an easy task.

From there, all I have left to do is put on my drilled and slotted rotors I believe?
Where did you buy this zhong zhong wheel from, looks sick!

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
What was the shipping method?
Free via USPS?

It looks like it's going to ship from somewhere in the U.S.

1678726059551.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
My clips broke and there was no amount of sealant that would fix them!

Here's how I've always done it:

Pull the piece down. Can see the broken tab on the right:

1678728344988.png

Fill up that outer channel with silicone:

1678728380145.png

I usually use black. Place I went today only had clear and white. That said it's clear, so we'll see.

Press it back in, and wedge something up against it to hold it in place while it dries:

1678728442592.png

I'm super cautious about water intrusion, so I'll usually go around the outside edge with a small bead of silicone as well. If this dries clear, I'll use that, if not, I'll grab some black. When it's done, it'll kinda look like this. You can see it on my old R.

1678728584304.png

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Free via USPS?

It looks like it's going to ship from somewhere in the U.S.

View attachment 275501
FWIW, USPS used to be very quick with shipping, both sending and receiving. Now stuff takes for ever when they are the carrier, packages will inexplicably sit for days at one distribution center. I believe they switched to using a lot more of their ground network vs air travel to cut costs. If it's in the system en route, then it'll get there eventually 🤷‍♂️

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1678734798054.png

i-said-hey-he-man (3).gif