GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
They weren't willing to meet my numbers, so I walked out. They have my phone number, and can call me if they change their minds.

I told you all, as much as I was willing to swap out, I had my expectations that would need to be met.
Even in 2019 before all this crap happened my dealer was a "one price dealer", no adjusting the price at all. I'm sure they'd be even more stubborn today.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The guy seem shocked when I got up, shook his hand, and left. Like I'm the first person to not just roll over and accept their terms.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I will say this...

While I think I'd be okay with the power level in the GLI, there is no replacement for the top of 3rd in my GTI...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So from here...

Looks like the masses will get the outcome they were hoping to see. I'll continue my tuning with EQT and Sneeky when I can. Logs are getting harder and harder to get due to the weather. Since an explanation has been offered for my overboost by Ed, and the log snippets are pretty much looking as expected, I'll pop some Xanax and chill out about my car. I will continue looking for GLIs since I did like it, but I'm not going to compromise on my numbers.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Man, there's nothing like it (in these cars at least).

I don't know. Maybe I'm lying to myself that I'd be happy with GLI power levels just for the sake of car simplicity. I definitely had a "That's it?" feeling when stepping on the gas in 3rd at 60mph...

these-are-confusing-times-marvel.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Maybe I'm saying I'm lying to myself about the GLI power levels just because it didn't work out. I don't know.

This is definitely an "I want it both ways" scenario... Fuck.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I give it 3 days tops

For that specific car? Absolutely not. Unless they call me back. I don't know why you find it so hard to believe it wasn't a 100% done deal before I walked through that door. It was still the exploring options phase, and I had a set of criteria that would need to be met to consider it. The situation didn't meet my criteria, it's off the table.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Your meant to have about 35k more in your bank account right now, so you can have both! Haha.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So from here...

Looks like the masses will get the outcome they were hoping to see. I'll continue my tuning with EQT and Sneeky when I can. Logs are getting harder and harder to get due to the weather. Since an explanation has been offered for my overboost by Ed, and the log snippets are pretty much looking as expected, I'll pop some Xanax and chill out about my car. I will continue looking for GLIs since I did like it, but I'm not going to compromise on my numbers.
Just get it on the dyno and be done before you hit a snag and change your mind again. You're soooooo close.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I will say this...

While I think I'd be okay with the power level in the GLI, there is no replacement for the top of 3rd in my GTI...
Grow some hair on your chest and say that about top of fourth.

And I agree with Jim. Fuck tossing another 12k at a GLI. Tell eqt you'll toss em an extra 200 or whatever since they're so close and just finish it on the dyno. I believe in you Jon. You're my secret Santa.