GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So I like it enough to talk numbers. It's definitely not as punchy as my GTI, but fuck. It's comparing a Vortex GTI to a stock GLI lol. I think with a JB4, the power would fit my driving style. Far better than the GTI does. While I do have the mindset that more power is better than less power, even if you don't need it, that extra power isn't worth the tradeoffs to me.

It's definitely a far more comfortable ride than my GTI, and has all the nicer features I'd want. The one thing that would drive me absolutely insane, which happened with the GTI at first too, is not seeing what gear it's in while in D/S 🤣

The first box was checked. If we can now agree on a delta of ~$11k - $12k between the sale price and my trade in....

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Officially in for the part out...

As well as the play by play negotiations... When does the service center coupon book get turned into a dry handy?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Don't let a couple grand stop you from completing the Riceburn.

Give these haters what they're waiting for 😋

Oh it will. I have my standards, and if I'm not sticking to those, what's the point?

I've said all along what it would take for me to change. Anything less than those, isn't worth it to me.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just hit them with the comp smackdown. "Our used cars are priced competitively..."

AKSHULLY...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It would almost be even funnier to just swerve back and keep the GTI.

That's always been a possibility. I wasn't 100% on getting rid of it, just exploring options.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I’d rather see you full turn it and decided to build the Motor and run a full frame to chase 500+ on pump gas

A splash of E85 will get me there, right?!?!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It's got the same instrument cluster as the Taos. It's pretty cool having the map in the middle but it is annoying that it can't do directions from your phone, only VW nav

GLI Autobahns don't actually have Nav. I'm a 100% Android Auto guy, so that wouldn't apply to me really. I wish you could do Google Maps/Waze in the cluster.