GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Jon, there is a level of "safety" that's built into every tune. Your car is not tuned to last three hot laps and blow up on the fourth. If your ECU is not triggering a CEL on an overboost code, it's not a big deal. When you have a little bit of an ache in your body - sore ankle or whatever, do you stop walking? No. You walk it off - same principle. Chill the fuck out.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
I was perfectly fine with that when I was stage 2. Can't do that anymore.
You can, you're choosing not to.

I get the anxiety - if something goes sideways, you want the monitoring there to give you the info you want, think you need - but that is preventing you from just kicking back and enjoying the car.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Jon, there is a level of "safety" that's built into every tune. Your car is not tuned to last three hot laps and blow up on the fourth. If your ECU is not triggering a CEL on an overboost code, it's not a big deal. When you have a little bit of an ache in your body - sore ankle or whatever, do you stop walking? No. You walk it off - same principle. Chill the fuck out.

I get what you're saying. I know there's a level of safety. That's what the EPC and limp mode is. But did trigger a CEl and overboost code last week.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Lesbian is a good flavor...

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I get what you're saying. I know there's a level of safety. That's what the EPC and limp mode is. But did trigger a CEl and overboost code last week.
Keep it on the lower psi tune - less risk. Stupid to get rid of it now. My $.02

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Are you going to try tightening the wastegate as Ed suggested? Or perhaps you did and I missed that...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
i guess i don't really know what your full mod list is

Here's what would potentially be parted out:

Standard Housing Vortex w/ Calibrated Actuator - Less than 3k miles.
Autotech HPFP installed in OEM Housing - I'm the second owner, was told 10k miles on the internals when I bought it. I've added maybe another 1k. No idea on how many miles on housing.
Precision Raceworks Stage 3 LPFP - The Walbro 450. Installed in a drop in basked from PR.
EQT 5 Bar TMAP & 4 Bar PUT Sensors.
Accessport with DSG Flashing - With more tunes than you can shake a stick at, both ECU and DSG.
Majesty FMIC Twintercooler - The updated thicker one.
Racingline VWR R400 Intake, with ECS hose & CTS TIP.
A full Macan Brembo swap - Powdered coated red, currently with high temp 'GTI' decals. Technafit SS lines. Stoptech drilled and slotted front and rear rotors (non-PP rears), Power stop Z26 street pads for front and rear. All gotta be matchy- matchy. Whole setup looks bitchin'.
AWE Track Exhaust with the Brain Resonated Midpipe - Have both black and chrome tips for it.
Helix Euro MK7.5 Sequential Taillights, with harness.
EZ Retrofit Digital Dash.
8" Non-Nav Glass Screen, with piano black trim - There is a little chip on the very bottom edge, that you can barely see. I have a glass screen protector on it currently, and you can't see the chip at all.
Capacitive Climatronic Unit, with trim and harness for a retrofit in a non-climatronic equipped car.
Piano Black Trim Kit - Perfect for someone who installed the 8" glass screen and has been lying to themselves that it looks good clashing with the honeycomb GTI trim. Has the shifter surround, cubby door, non-climatronic control trip, and drivers side vent. All that would be needed is the gauge cluster trim.

Nothing is set in stone, like I said before there's a lot of variables in play. But if anybody wants to call dibs on things just in case it goes that way, let me know!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Are you going to try tightening the wastegate as Ed suggested? Or perhaps you did and I missed that...

I haven't, since I haven't been able to pull good logs to verify it's not a traction related issue.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I’ve said it and I’ll say it before, the GLI is damn good looking car…. I have made many car buying and selling regrets, so just give it an extra thought, even after you’ve fully decided. :)

love ya

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Dibs on tails and potentially LPFP

1642016034411.png

You guys would have to fight.

Not sure if @Mreed055's interest in the tails dropped when I mentioned they weren't OEM though.