GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Any noticeable difference, to your ass, between the two thus far?
Log view wise - based on the 2 logs I looked at Sneeky 1 and eqt 3rd gear 1 - at 5k they probably would feel close - but at 65-7000 those current logs the eqt should feel to pull a good bit harder as it’s doing higher boost and a lot more timing.

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
I actually ordered the HPFP upgrade cause I figured “it’ll be enough for me…”
But I’m gonna try doing something I usually suck at, using advise from people so I called and canceled it today. Lol.
learning from other peoples trial and error is generally cheaper than buying shit you dont need in the long run. read more, make informed decisions, you will go faster and have more money.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
What's happening here? There hasn't been an update in three days, Jon. Do you notice a difference in drivability between the two tunes?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What's happening here? There hasn't been an update in three days, Jon. Do you notice a difference in drivability between the two tunes?

Haven't gotten an update in days. The last revision I got from Nick was on 11/16. Sent in 3 sets of logs, still waiting for the next revision. Last set of logs sent to him on 11/30. Sneeky, last revision I got was 11/23. Last set of logs sent to him on 11/30 as well.

I've been trying to avoid comparing them until their both complete. But even now, I don't really notice too much drivability difference between the two of them. Sneeky might be a little more aggressive, but that would still be because Nick turned down the boost before I got the LPFP and sensors, and it hasn't really been turned back up yet.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So a little disappointed with EQT. Nick is saying the tune looks finished, but to be fair is still willing to make any changes I want.

1638827750363.png

It's a little disappointing because the 'performance' of the tune wasn't changed since adding the LPFP and sensors. I was given the original revision 1.05 on 11/15. On 11/16, he gave me the updated revision 1.05 for the LPFP\sensors. Which were the only changes, there hasn't been any 'performance' increase to accommodate the additional parts put in. Considering he had it running fine on the last revision without the LPFP\sensors, what was the point of spending $1k and putting them in?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So a little disappointed with EQT. Nick is saying the tune looks finished, but to be fair is still willing to make any changes I want.

View attachment 232160

It's a little disappointing because the 'performance' of the tune wasn't changed since adding the LPFP and sensors. I was given the original revision 1.05 on 11/15. On 11/16, he gave me the updated revision 1.05 for the LPFP\sensors. Which were the only changes, there hasn't been any 'performance' increase to accommodate the additional parts put in. Considering he had it running fine on the last revision without the LPFP\sensors, what was the point of spending $1k and putting them in?
Maybe he’s just forgot that you did the sensor Upgrades and fueling, cause he only mentioned increasing timing towards being aggressive Vs adding boost.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1

View attachment 232160

If it makes you feel better the same thing happened to me. We wound it up to 31 psi and he said upgrade the LPFP because the rail pressure is dropping. Ok sounds reasonable.

Several hundred dollars later we ended up turning it back down anyway because “it was knocking”. A bummer for sure but the safer option. Weird they push the LPFP upgrade when the fuel quality is typically the limiting factor.

Pump gas is a bitch ain’t it

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

View attachment 232160

How much was boost increased?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
How much was boost increased?

That one. None.

You can see early on, boost was flatlining at 29.1psi since it was exceeding the sensors, and AFR was going up because I was running out of fueling.

1638829019966.png

He ended up cutting back the boost so it was around 27psi, which brought the fueling more in line.

1638829164057.png

It was never increased back up since then.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Maybe he’s just forgot that you did the sensor Upgrades and fueling, cause he only mentioned increasing timing towards being aggressive Vs adding boost.

If it makes you feel better the same thing happened to me. We wound it up to 31 psi and he said upgrade the LPFP because the rail pressure is dropping. Ok sounds reasonable.

Several hundred dollars later we ended up turning it back down anyway because “it was knocking”. A bummer for sure but the safer option. Weird they push the LPFP upgrade when the fuel quality is typically the limiting factor.

Pump gas is a bitch ain’t it

That's what I'm going to respond back and bring up with him. That this is essentially still the revision performance wise before I added sensors\LPFP, and is it possible to add more power to accommodate that. I don't want to sacrifice safety for power, but considering this is still the tune before that stuff was added, I'd expect somewhat of an increase.