GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
no-futurama.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The decision has been made. Driving an AWD MQB killed me. The way it drives just fits my driving style far better than a a Vortex GTI.

Since I'm snowed in this weekend, the turbo is coming out, will start on the job in a little bit. So after only ~3,800 miles and 96 days, it's coming out. Gotta get the car back to stock to trade it in somewhere. As long as there's nothing wrong with it and everything checks out, I have full intentions to go buy that R next weekend. While I am hesitant to pay nearly $29k for a 5 year old car with 65k miles, in pictures it looks to be immaculately taken care of, and realistically, I'll probably only put another 50k miles or so it.

It checks nearly every box for me. Fully loaded with all the features (only two features I wish it had were vented seats and interior RGB). In the MQB family with decent power stock, bringing me back to a simpler setup. AWD. A hatchback, which I prefer. Can carry over any parts I want to. Looks better than a GLI...

Wasn't a decision made lightly, considering how much I love my car and just spent $5k on the turbo upgrade. But it's the right decision for me.

Anyone wanna buy a Vortex? 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
@riceburner, your R was a similar milage and price, right? But a 2015?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
The decision has been made. Driving an AWD MQB killed me. The way it drives just fits my driving style far better than a a Vortex GTI.

Since I'm snowed in this weekend, the turbo is coming out, will start on the job in a little bit. So after only ~3,800 miles and 96 days, it's coming out. Gotta get the car back to stock to trade it in somewhere. As long as there's nothing wrong with it and everything checks out, I have full intentions to go buy that R next weekend. While I am hesitant to pay nearly $29k for a 5 year old car with 65k miles, in pictures it looks to be immaculately taken care of, and realistically, I'll probably only put another 50k miles or so it.

It checks nearly every box for me. Fully loaded with all the features (only two features I wish it had were vented seats and interior RGB). In the MQB family with decent power stock, bringing me back to a simpler setup. AWD. A hatchback, which I prefer. Can carry over any parts I want to. Looks better than a GLI...

Wasn't a decision made lightly, considering how much I love my car and just spent $5k on the turbo upgrade. But it's the right decision for me.

Anyone wanna buy a Vortex? 🤣
Best of luck brother.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Glad you finally made a decision. I can see why so many people get a Vortex because they're cheap but they are too punchy in low rpms which makes tire spin unavoidable.

I know what I'm going to say right now is going to make no sense for what I plan on doing, but... It seems like a great turbo setup for the R 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Smh... I take it you're not one of those that learns from their mistakes.

No, I am. That's what I mean lol. While the Vortex would be perfect for an R, it won't be perfect for my R.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Entire forum breathes a sign of relief and says "Thank fucking god, this shit was getting old!" as Acadia18 finally makes a decision and can stop whinging about his car...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yay, we can now close this build thread!!! ;)

Hol' up there, partner. The R will get wheels, tires, a stage 1 tune, and probably an exhaust. Then some interior goodies. I'm fairly certain that counts as a "build"! 🤣🤣