GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So before the LPFP you were running out of fuel at 28-29 psi and you still are after the LPFP? Or am I missing something? I think Diggs24 is right.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So before the LPFP you were running out of fuel at 28-29 psi and you still are after the LPFP? Or am I missing something? I think Diggs24 is right.

Before the LPFP, I was running out of fuel at 29 - 30psi (it was above 29.1psi, but the sensors couldn't read it). Now, after the LPFP, I am not running out of fueling at that level. Sneeky is still hitting that at certain levels.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Why waste money on pump and sensors to run the same boost? Tell Nick to turn it up. 31psi min. Turn down timing if knock is an issue.

Basically what I'm going to say.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Told Nick I felt I wasn't taking advantage of the fact that I put in LPFP & sensors. And would like to see some more boost and to turn down the timing if necessary.

After getting two blank emails from Sneeky with just updated maps attached, when I sent over the logs on 11/30 I asked him how things looked on his end. Just got this as a response with no updated revision (made sure to check this time), so I'm not sure what exactly is going on.

1638885189275.png

Does he think it looks finished? Am I going to get another revision? Nobody knows!

Over the course of 6 weeks, my entire communication with him has been 7 sentences.

10/27 - How much fuel was in the tank?
10/28 - Try a full tank and re log
11/1 - Some rail pressure drop off up top, usually the first solution is low fuel level. Not much better on this last log, but I can work around it.
11/10 - I sent a file on 11/1 (when I didn't notice last email had a file on it)
11/16 - File written for no PM4 and the sensors, nothing else changed.
12/6 - Rail Pressure isnt great, drops pretty hard and struggles to recover

I'm fine with being direct, and like I said before, I'm not paying the guy to be my friend and talk to me. But I shouldn't be left sitting here not knowing what's going on. I don't know if he thinks the tune looks good, or if he's going to send over another revision (last one was on 11/23), or what...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Jon, there is only one thing left to do here. I think you need to pay 5150 to tune your car and report back.

Could have at least picked Stratified over 5150 :ROFLMAO:

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
It’s weird your LPFP isn’t performing better. You might consider removing the check valve in the fuel system. I’ve read that it can restrict flow and therefore hinder LPFP performance. It is located in the elbow between the LPFP line from the tank to the HPFP line that goes across the front of the motor. (the line with the silver clamp in the photo)

IMG_8732.PNG

The valve itself looks like this.

1638887606748.png

I know the last thing you want to do right now is spend more money, but it might help. It’s certainly cheaper than a PM4!!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
BRB, just going to strip my car and trade it in stock for an S3 :ROFLMAO:

The process is discouraging at this point. EQT wants to call the tune done, even though it's performing the same before I sunk another $1k into it. But to be fair, he did offer to make any changes I wanted. Sneeky, I just have no idea what's going on due to lack of communication.

I am done sinking money into the turbo upgrade project though. It already went above budget, right now with nothing to show for it :(. No PM4s. No switching tuning. At this point, I'll land where I land. And right now, the car is fun to drive, carries boost well (even though I really wanted to see it carrying a number that starts with 3), and does move.

Last edited: