GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Updates His Build Thread With Something He Didn't Think He'd Ever Do

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I know you would. Maybe you can get some $200 seats off Amazon.

yes-yes-yes-he-man (1).gif

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm just curious how the tour of the brembo factory went when gtifan watched his calipers being forged at the feet of God?
I didn't need to, I went to a Porsche dealer and purchased their OEM part so I didn't have to worry that I was buying a knockoff caliper of unknown specs and materials. 🤷‍♂️

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Stanislao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2018
All puddle lights come from China.

And they don't actually say Brembo anywhere on them, so they're not pretending to be something they're not.
not all, there are genuine vw puddle lights, they run around 80 euros on ebay germany part number for the one with new logo is 000052120F

these video make me one to buy genuine puddle lights. they are more subtle, don't have a bright red light .

aliexpress puddle lights.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Now I miss my puddle lights :(

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The 000052120F part number is the new style VW logo. I have not seen the part number for the new "R' logo.

About the lowest I've seen them is $135 from various VW service department online store fronts. I've seen them on ebay.de (and on ebay.com being sold from Germany) for about $100, but always with another $50 in shipping.

MSRP is $180... https://parts.vw.com/p/103758248/000052120F.html

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
You're intentionally missing the point.

The country of origin isn't the issue. It's the fact it's a knock off part made to unknown specs and QC.
acadia post you specs and qc? maybe message the seller

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
acadia post you specs and qc? maybe message the seller

No point. The response here would be "And I guess it's true just because they said it?? No scummy companies have ever lied before??"

Nothing short of flying to China and monitoring the entire supply chain from start to finish would be satisfactory. And even then, that probably wouldn't be either...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
But how do you know Lemforder or Sachs are truly made to OE spec? Because they have a little blue icon on a webpage?
nobody knows.

i mean, as a construction civil engineer, i get it. we have lists of approved manufacturers for everything. it requires factory visits by the very people who make the list, qc checks/samples, watching the manufacturing processes, etc. For instance, fiber optic cable. it can be made by lots of suppliers, yes, but if they aren't on the list, they can't be approved. "Too bad you can get it for 6 cents a foot less, mr. contractor, try again with an approved manufacturer." And if I arrive to a jobsite and they say it's all already installed and I didn't see it, to me, they may as well have put licorice in the ground.

Arcade, you need to become a factory QC guy and go visit these fucks.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
No point. The response here would be "And I guess it's true just because they said it?? No scummy companies have ever lied before??"

Nothing short of flying to China and monitoring the entire supply chain from start to finish would be satisfactory. And even then, that probably wouldn't be either...
your life doesnt depend on him being happy. it depends on closely monitoring their qc process. or your life insurance policy