GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Takes First Steps Towards Getting A MK8

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Reached out to e-acca to see if they had an update. I can be patient and fine waiting, as long as I know some kind of estimate. It's just the blindly waiting that drives me insane. Svetlana Said it's packaging now, and should have a shipping update with tracking within a day or two.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I never had to street park so never folded my mirrors... I'll be damned if I buy a car without folding mirrors now, and I park in my garage. Puddle lights, also necessary even though I make a point to stay home when it rains unless I'm going to work (LA folks can't drive if the humidity gets too high, let alone water falling from the sky). Illuminated door handles... yea those are installed and will be wired up in the next week or two (hopefully) but I've never not been able to find the handles.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
When the parking garage lighting hits just right....

1000003592.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
did i ever tell the story about my buddy who got a guy's mirrors on the road? if so, well here it is again

Buddy driving his big ass F250 down the road. Clips another trucks mirror whos parked on the street.

Buddy stops and gets out because he is not an asshole and approaches truck

Guy is actually in his truck at the time and comes out fuming mad

"WHAT THE FUCK MAN, I JUST REPLACED MY MIRROR 5 MINUTES AGO!"

It had been broken for about two years prior to just that moment.

Odds </= 0

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Awww yeah

1000003703.jpg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Those aren't power folding yet. Haven't installed them yet. I just manually folded it in for the pic.

BUT THAT'S WHAT THEY WILL BE LIKE ONCE INSTALLED!!

Should get them done this Friday. I was waiting to get the mirror glass I bought off the forums, which came last Monday. So they didn't get done last weekend.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Those aren't power folding yet. Haven't installed them yet. I just manually folded it in for the pic.

BUT THAT'S WHAT THEY WILL BE LIKE ONCE INSTALLED!!

Should get them done this Friday. I was waiting to get the mirror glass I bought off the forums, which came last Monday. So they didn't get done last weekend.
We demand a jif of the folding mirrors or otherwise calling shenanigans on the power folding. How do we know you didn't just manually fold them, like a poor?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
We demand a jif of the folding mirrors or otherwise calling shenanigans on the power folding. How do we know you didn't just manually fold them, like a poor?

There will be once done. Give me till EOD Friday...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
When I bought my MK7-GT in 2014yr all the GT/GTI/GTD/R came with remote power folding mirrors from the factory as standard spec... 🤷‍♂️ ...

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Anyone wanna be a bro and post the bsm mirror housing part numbers so I can copy and paste. I have the non bsm version and I had planned on trying to retrofit the wiring but I now realize I am far too busy/lazy for that. Already have glass, the fancy light caps and the switch so just need the mirror housings.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Anyone wanna be a bro and post the bsm mirror housing part numbers so I can copy and paste. I have the non bsm version and I had planned on trying to retrofit the wiring but I now realize I am far too busy/lazy for that. Already have glass, the fancy light caps and the switch so just need the mirror housings.

5G1857508FH9B9 & 5G1857507DM9B9 are the ones currently available.

I ordered from e-acca, but cars245 confirmed (too late to go with them) that they can get them as well.