GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Takes First Steps Towards Getting A MK8

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Do the Rs have the VAQ box that needs serviced as well? I've been putting mine off, I figure I'll do it in the Spring since it hasn't been done yet at all.
They've got a bevel box / transfer case with the same fluid as the rear diff. (Not the same as haldex). Lifetime fill but I'd do it at least as often as the DSG on a tuned car. The bevel box failures seem to be a lot more common once you add torque (since they're always getting the beans).

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford
Both the PP and the Haldex unit are effectively the same piece of equipment and it worries me that VW has gone back and forth on recommending the service for it (some years it's in the manual, others it isn't). My wife's Tiguan has it as a required service at 40k and I just had it done. My GTI doesn't have it listed, but I will be getting it done along with a brake fluid flush this spring.
yeah my 18 has it every 40k

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Where the fuck are my power folding mirrors, e-acca!

It took them about a week (after I already placed the e-acca order), but Cars245 did get back to me and say the p/n Cuzoe suggested are available. So I know they should be coming at some point.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Where the fuck are my power folding mirrors, e-acca!

It took them about a week (after I already placed the e-acca order), but Cars245 did get back to me and say the p/n Cuzoe suggested are available. So I know they should be coming at some point.
1701620294095.gif

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'll start by saying that I've received everything I've ever ordered from e-acca. They weren't lightning fast before the pandemic and I found them to be slower after the pandemic, not unsurprisingly.

The estimated availability on their site is more of a guideline , haha. Most of the time if I see 6+ days on there it suggests to me that they don't have known inventory for the part but it's still active so they will try to get it. I just always assume that's about how long it took them to get it last time an order was placed.

They always respond when I email them, but they are NOT proactive with emailing. Usually they are waiting on their supplier(s). Although I have had them tell me that a part I originally ordered was no longer available and that they were sourcing the replacement part which created a delay. I'm typically ordering weird things that are cheap but that us dealers say are on international back order with no date. So I've had large orders held up by one little thing that I decided to order, like a felt strip or a clip of some sort.

They will offer to split up and order and ship what they have, but because I'm always having them ship FedEx IP breaking up orders is relatively expensive. You're ultimately at the mercy of VAG logistics, albeit logistics in Europe which is better than their logistics network stateside.

What I'm saying is... continue to fold your mirrors manually and be happy 😂.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
who in the world really wants folded-in mirrors? i've never folded mine in

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It's pretty nice...for being able to look back at your car as you walk away to verify you locked the doors because you forget if you did 2 seconds after you lock them every time.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I have never once folded my mirrors in, in my 39 years of being alive.

Now if they did it automatically because they're motorized?

That's cool as fuckkkk boi :cool:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford
I've also never once stepped in a puddle that a light would have prevented. But I still want puddle lights.
literally gave puddle lights away for secret santa like 2 years ago because I was too lazy to install them HAHA