GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That’s the rennwagen (spelling?) no?

any back pics? I’m sure it looks great with the diffuser and that nardo grey!

Yessir. Spoiler from our boy @Chet Ubetcha.

1617122025582.png

Did add some black "GTI" lettering I had ordered.

1617122088646.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That license plate needs some love...

I think he has that black frame thingy. The edge to edge perimeter ones. I dig it myself

he does need a custom plate though. Something like CATMAYO or some such

It does. Both of them are bad.

I've been trying to hold out to get a vanity plate, but they're currently on hold in RI. Some guy with a Tesla had "FKGAS" (he claims it's for "fake gas"), some Karen complained to the DMV. DMV told him to turn it in. Guy said "Fuck you, 1st amendment, bitch!" to the DMV, sued them with the ACLU's help, and won. So now nobody can get a vanity plate while they're "evaluating what is permissible" on vanity plates.

When they finally do allow them again, its' gonna be "DATBOI". Then will get a custom frame...

1617127828314.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
It does. Both of them are bad.

I've been trying to hold out to get a vanity plate, but they're currently on hold in RI. Some guy with a Tesla had "FKGAS" (he claims it's for "fake gas"), some Karen complained to the DMV. DMV told him to turn it in. Guy said "Fuck you, 1st amendment, bitch!" to the DMV, sued them with the ACLU's help, and won. So now nobody can get a vanity plate while they're "evaluating what is permissible" on vanity plates.

When they finally do allow them again, its' gonna be "DATBOI". Then will get a custom frame...

View attachment 208439
Mount a unicycle and dress up in green

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Since I've had no less than 4 people comment on it here and in real life, I've ordered new plates. Sadly, I still can't order vanity plates, so they're just reprint of my existing ones.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Since I've had no less than 4 people comment on it here and in real life, I've ordered new plates. Sadly, I still can't order vanity plates, so they're just reprint of my existing ones.
Colorado did a thing where your chosen vanity plate would get run through some software. And it’ll approve or deny it. Profanity, sexual things and the like aren’t allowed anymore

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well, since I'm impatient, spent about $50 more than needed to get a Raceseng Stratose knob. Miss the golfball design of the BFI, but much prefer the way this looks in the car.

1617917440277.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So lets see. Past month, what have I done?

While putting a large 50lb box in my car (new office chair), I tore the vinyl on my bumper. I patched it up with a small piece of scrap vinyl, and it's barely visable more than a few feet away.

1619978308540.png

1619978335378.png

I had ordered a bumper protector to cover it, but decided against using it. Just killed how clean the rear end looked.

1619978392308.png

Noticed the vacuum on my car running a bit lower than normal, and found the cap on my boost tap had pretty much deteriorated and was mostly open. It broke off the moment I touched it.

1619978485582.png

Got a new vacuum cap, and all good now. Will probably find a more permanent solution.

While doing that, decided to throw on a fresh set of Ruth's @ 55,075 miles. Probably unnecessary at that time, but for $40, why not?

1619978562590.png

And as this Tuesday marks exactly 2 years since I bought my GTI, putting my 'Where I started vs. how it's going' pictures in this thread.

1619978684439.png

1619978701413.png

Also, took the plunge on my next big upgrade, the Macan Brembo calipers.

1619978754689.png

Going to paint them red myself. Figured it's not something you see up close, and you only see the fronts, so how hard can it be? Now just need to decide on pads and rotors.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
It looks nice on deep black Pearl paint. Thanks again for shipping it out so fast. I think I like it alot.

Attachments

• 20210501_164207.jpg
    20210501_164207.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 119