GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I know almost nothing about foam cannons other than I think I want one.

Do you think this shampoo would be good for that use? What makes for a good shampoo for a foam cannon?
This is what I use undiluted in the foam cannon.

Chemical Guys CWS_1011 Maxi-Suds II Foaming Car Wash Soap (For Foam Cannons, Foam Guns or Bucket Washes) For Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, RVs & More, 128 oz (1 Gallon), Strawberry Scent https://a.co/d/2WmNEgJ

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What about for soap use? Didn't @Maiden69 say the MTM uses like half the soap?

It seems like it might use less soap? I only have two washes (one with the new pressure washer), so I haven't been monitoring soap use too much.

However, that gallon of soap is $0.17/oz. Usually, you put 2oz in the foam cannon. So even if the MTM does use half the amount of soap, it would take forever to make up the difference from the cheap cannon to MTM cannon.

@Acadia18 what short gun are you using?

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...still-loves-bbws.383451/page-394#post-7963986

Zhong Zhong knock off of the $130 Mosmatic gun.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Well, i dont get that luxurious looking blanket of foam but this does honest work. I pre-rinse prior to foaming too so that makes a small effect on what sticks as well.

Honestly im surprised how well it sticks at all since the car is ceramic coated so well lol
20230604_104752.jpg
20230604_104801.jpg

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I have been looking for something to clean the tires so the P&S Undressed sounds like a good bet.

Have you or anyone else used their shampoo? I'm just about out of shampoo and thinking about this to make the shipping costs more worthwhile.
https://psdetailproducts.com/collec...oducts/irs-foaming-auto-shampoo-car-wash-soap

Also lookng to purchase the MTM cannon soon so I am wondering if this shampoo would work well with it.
I haven't, Undressed should arrived today, if it is there when I get home I'll probably wash my summer tires and coat them so I can install tomorrow. I've been procrastinating and the wife has almost every darn weekend booked up... full detail, drop springs install, this coming weekend I have to make a small deck for her barber studio as she wants to quit accounting to open her own business... hopefully I will get fathers weekend for me.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ugh...

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805272709874.html

1686104581444.png

9.2" screen and what looks to be a hacked MIB2 to MIB2.5 unit.

I use Android Auto 100% of the time, so I don't care about it having euro maps loaded (I do have the SD card for US maps, not sure if that would work). All I care about is the regular car functions work fine, and Android Auto works. Getting info from the seller is hard to do due to language barrier, all I was really able to get from them is that the unit is unlocked, and open for coding.

Been talking to @Cuzoe about it, and said setting it up should be easy easy (and tedious) as copying over long coding/matching adaptions and whatnot. Spoke to the seller, and they're willing to upgrade it to UPS shipping vs. AliExpress Shit Shipping for free. So $620 $650 (after including the trim) after tax.

Do I go for it?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Ugh...

View attachment 283184

I use Android Auto 100% of the time, so I don't care about it having euro maps loaded (I do have the SD card for US maps, not sure if that would work). All I care about is the regular car functions work fine, and Android Auto works. Getting info from the seller is hard to do due to language barrier, all I was really able to get from them is that the unit is unlocked, and open for coding.

Been talking to @Cuzoe about it, and said setting it up should be easy easy (and tedious) as copying over long coding/matching adaptions and whatnot. Spoke to the seller, and they're willing to upgrade it to UPS shipping vs. AliExpress Shit Shipping for free. So $620 after tax.

Do I go for it?
Yes

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Ugh...

View attachment 283184

Been talking to @Cuzoe about it, and said setting it up should be easy easy (and tedious) as copying over long coding/matching adaptions and whatnot. Spoke to the seller, and they're willing to upgrade it to UPS shipping vs. AliExpress Shit Shipping for free. So $620 $650 (after including the trim) after tax.

Do I go for it?
You like tech. Get it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ah fuck it #Yolo

1686109256951.png

@Cuzoe be ready for a hundred frantic questions in a week or two :ROFLMAO:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I wasn't planning on spending $1200 to have a tree cut down today...

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Ugh...

View attachment 283184

Do I go for it?
That's the Chinese market Delphi unit that can (from what is claimed by the sellers) support the 9.2" display rather than the Harman MHI2 unit that is commonly used with the 9.2" display for EU and NAR (e-Golf), right? I came across those Delphi units during my research into the 9.2" retrofit... but it seems the Harman units are commonly recommend and used for the retrofits so there is not a lot of information about the Chinese market Delphi units.

Curious to see how it turns out!