GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
MK8's where I am are RS3 money...

Like, seriously. There'll all used for $55k+

View attachment 261057
You like tech crap… the mk8 is that.

55k rs3s are 4 year old
Models with around 30-40k miles…

And getting an Rs3 is giving you and smaller less versatile cargo space and just more power which lets be real…. You personally don’t even care about power. So In the end all you gain be thinking of an R vs and rs3 is saying you have a rs3.

I agree… pricing sucks cause they are impossible to get from the dealers right now.

But considering what historically you want and like out of a car… 🤷🏼‍♂️

I was actually going to look at this a few weeks ago but it would have meant getting rid of the GTI and in the end I just like the idea of having the GTI and Passat GT - so I could eat the cake and frosting.

https://www.cars.com/shopping/volks...MI9MyO15ai-gIVUSs4Ch0UdwaZEAAYAiAAEgJA9_D_BwE

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It is. But it's the same thing you have. Just chill out. You can't freak out over every little thing. The car will never be perfect. You have oil on your plug. Big fucking deal. It'll be fine. Just enjoy.

I can't have peace of mind when Diggs told me my engine was going to blow up and kick my dog.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You like tech crap… the mk8 is that.

55k rs3s are 4 year old
Models with around 30-40k miles…

And getting an Rs3 is giving you and smaller less versatile cargo space and just more power which lets be real…. You personally don’t even care about power. So In the end all you gain be thinking of an R vs and rs3 is saying you have a rs3.

I agree… pricing sucks cause they are impossible to get from the dealers right now.

But considering what historically you want and like out of a car… 🤷🏼‍♂️

I was actually going to look at this a few weeks ago but it would have meant getting rid of the GTI and in the end I just like the idea of having the GTI and Passat GT - so I could eat the cake and frosting.

https://www.cars.com/shopping/volks...MI9MyO15ai-gIVUSs4Ch0UdwaZEAAYAiAAEgJA9_D_BwE

I do like tech crap. Love it. I'd love an MK8 R (no so much the GTI) but yeah. Not at those prices.

In a perfect world where I could spend $80k on a car, it'd be a new RS3. All the tech crap and that 5cyl!

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I can't have peace of mind when Diggs told me my engine was going to blow up and kick my dog.
It most likely won't. Think about it. How many people that own these cars aren't on these forums and have no clue about oil on the sparkplugs etc... Thousands upon thousands. Cars are fine. You'll be fine. Just chill. Besides. You change your plugs often enough that it doesn't matter. Enjoy the car, it's a little gay cause it's a dsg but otherwise it's great, man.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I do like tech crap. Love it. I'd love an MK8 R (no so much the GTI) but yeah. Not at those prices.

In a perfect world where I could spend $80k on a car, it'd be a new RS3. All the tech crap and that 5cyl!
I raced a mk8 gti the other day. Some Co-pilot ( he had three stripes, not four) was driving it. He got all pissy cause I didn't pull up all the way to the traffic light line during a red light. My lady was in the car beside mine and we were taking two cars to her parents house and I needed to leave earlier. So I just pulled up to shoot the breeze. He starts honking and giving me the bird. Light turns green I drive, he starts riding my ass and pulls up beside me. Looks at me all stupid and mashes the throttle. I was like nah not today. Mashed it. Sick burn out with no traction and all sorts of noise all through second. Into third, still barely any grip, finally it hooks and I fly by the loser. Next light, I signal for him to roll down his window. I told him maybe if you were a captain you would have won. He turned red.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Yeah but you have to suck at least three dicks a week to drive that thing.
Actually, no, it means you would never have to suck dick AGAIN. Think about it!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah but you have to suck at least three dicks a week to drive that thing.

I ain't never known no lesbians that suck 3 dicks a week...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
@Acadia18 get that new gli autobahn

If you mean "new" like 2022, then fuck nah. Holy shit did they kill that thing.

What are those red oval things on the front bumper? Ew. They gave it the MK8 steering wheel, which I like the capacitive buttons, but the wheel itself is ugly. And holy fuck. Have you seen those seats? They're hideous.

2022-volkswagen-jetta-gli-back-seats-carbuzz-917060-1600.jpg

The black and red remind me of a cheap Deadpool cosplay. Or the archer dude from The Boys who got the Deep to join the cult. Eagle? Whatever. The seats are ugly.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Disagree i think its great. Most of the best mk7.5 options none of the mk8 nonsense (except the steering wheel). Heated and cooled seats. Its free real estate

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Bottom line is, I snapped out of thinking about GLIs again. I don't really want to give up that hot hatch life. There's too many times where I go "damn, I love having a small car". And while a GLI isn't 'big', it's still a fair bit bigger than a Golf.