GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
now were cookin with peanut oil

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
new thread name = epic

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Acadia Spends Mo Money For A Slower Car

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
"The Great Reset"

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
More like “the great escape” 😜

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Day 1 R Update:

Already starting to feel like my GTI. Put in my 8" glass screen and capacitive climatronic unit.

1643846329401.png

One of the things that always sat rough in my mind, was paying $28k for a car with the same amount of miles as mine; 65k. It's probably been over a decade since I've bought a car with more than 50k miles on it. But a few things made me feel better:
- The R was in pristine condition, inside and out. Nothing out of the ordinary on the test drive.
- The dealer offers a 5yr / up to 100k mile warranty on all their cars, included in the purchase price. It's through Allstate, covers the powertrain, but no electronics, and has a $100 deductible. Go anywhere you want. So I have 35k miles of engine warranty.
- The dealer is a luxury used car dealer. Out of the 350 vehicles they have between 2 locations, 250 of those are either Audi, BMW, or Mercedes. They won't even put my GTI on their lot, they're sending it straight to auction ( :( ). So they don't sell junk.

So after work, I got the car up on some jack stands so I could poke around. Everything looks good from underneath. I don't think the waterpump was replaced, but I don't see any signs of leakage.

I was concerned about maintenance, since the CarFax was pretty bare. Not many entries. Then, when going through the glovebox, I found the goldmine everyone hopes to find. Complete maintenance records!

They had the 40k service, complete with DSG fluid change, done at 30k!

1643846802380.png

Regular interval $200 oil changes!

1643846883937.png

PCV system replaced @ 48k.

1643846847997.png

Basically, the owner was an enthusiast who took great care of their car. Which of course works out great for me!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R